• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New intake installed

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a K&N Series 57 intake for my truck about a week ago. I finally got my truck back from the transmission shop and when i got it home i installed the intake. I love the thing already and its been 2 days now since i installed it. One thing i noticed that changed was the sound of the engine itself then the other thing was the RPMs. I havent driven it enough to really feel alot of change in it but right now it is a great intake for a 3.0

Here is the site where i bought it from
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQRangerQQK-and-NQQCold_Air_IntakeQQ19982001QQK33572533.html

I also changed my oil to Quaker State 10w30 synthetic oil that is a change as well.

Give it a try. Let me know what you think

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
My 98 came with that kit......first time I put the intake back on after maintenance I didn't get the aluminum heat shield positioned right and it rattled something fierce.

Tell me, do you ever hear a whistle at certain throttle settings?

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
No whistle all i hear is the sucking of air through the intake. The engine sounds meaner though.

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i also have a jet performance mass air flow sensor so yours might whisle unlike mine

metalgear138

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My 98 came with that kit......first time I put the intake back on after maintenance I didn't get the aluminum heat shield positioned right and it rattled something fierce.

Tell me, do you ever hear a whistle at certain throttle settings?
Don't mean to intrude, but I have had a K&N kit on both my 2001, and my 2006 and both whistled a little bit. Mostly in the lower rpms when the throttle plate is opening up.

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
do they make intake kits for a 93? i wanted to build one myself but circular tubing wont fit. heres a pic of it any one have any ideas on what i could do?

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Honestly, for a 3.0 thats even close to stock, they don't do much, especially for the price.

I'd just get a reusable filter if mine didn't come with this kit when I bought it used.

youbetchyaeh!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
do they make intake kits for a 93? i wanted to build one myself but circular tubing wont fit. heres a pic of it any one have any ideas on what i could do?

as far as i know, they dont make any intakes for a 93. i have a 94 myself. however there is a pretty good article on the tech page on how to build one. im going to be doing it myself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals