• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not a Ranger but something to beat on( keeps my ranger purty)

85_redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 Cyl
Transmission
Manual
i'm gettin this as soon as my taxes come back in a couple weeks for $300:headbang: its a 4wd toyota with no title but will make a fun project this is the only picture i got of it any suggestions? current plans are to cut fenders get bigger tires and maybe some custom bumpers and rock sliders :icon_welder:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
its a 4wd toyota with no title but will make a fun project this is the only picture i got of it any suggestions?
Get it registered. That way no one can say you stole it and take all the mods you do to it with them when they take it back.

85_redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 Cyl
Transmission
Manual
the truck is coming from my cousin who lives right up the road from me he junked the title a while back but i'm gonna try to get one for it if i can thinkin bout good cheap tires any suggestions needs to be good in mud and clay cause that's pretty much all we have around here

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well, we dont get too deep of mud in the KY, so I would say just some Mudstars or some off brand mud terrain. I think Aventuro is a new off brand that is really cheap. They will be loud and nasty on the road, but when you want cheap, you are going to get howling.

I know you can get a title for it. All you simply have to do is take the truck to the court house, and they will make sure all the lights work, all the signals, windows are there, mirrors are there, and the brakes work. Its easy. I have done it to hot rods and salvage cars before.

Last edited:

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, we dont get too deep of mud in the KY.

believe me I have seen plenty of spots that will swallow 40"+ tires here in KY.....

and as for the Aventuro's....they ride nice and aren't loud at all.....and so far I like them on my F250 DD.....

and agree that ya will want the title....just alot of time and paperwork to get one....

l8r, John

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I plan using my tax check to help buy a nwer ranger so I can have an affordable DD and have my current truck as my play toy.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
I DD my junk. :D

Those little first gen 'Yotas are cool though. $300 is a score.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If it's your cousin have him sign for a new title, and then sign it over to you. Of course he would expect you to pay the bill if applicable.

If that is not possible, call your local DMV and see if you can aquire a title through bonding. Basically they put out that you are requesting a title and if no one contests the claim in a certain amount of time a bonding company will appraise the vehicle, and you will pay a percentage of that appraisal to have a title. It should be cheap, as the truck is an older toyota with some body damage. (at least it looks like it does from the one picture)

Your state may do things differently, but that is how I was told they do them in NY.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
treadwrights my brother!

treadwright.com i think..

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If it's your cousin have him sign for a new title, and then sign it over to you. Of course he would expect you to pay the bill if applicable.

If that is not possible, call your local DMV and see if you can aquire a title through bonding. Basically they put out that you are requesting a title and if no one contests the claim in a certain amount of time a bonding company will appraise the vehicle, and you will pay a percentage of that appraisal to have a title. It should be cheap, as the truck is an older toyota with some body damage. (at least it looks like it does from the one picture)

Your state may do things differently, but that is how I was told they do them in NY.
KY doesn't have a DMV (at least i dont think they do. Maybe in the bigger cities, but i know not in the podunk towns. County Clerk's office)

Get your cousin to sign a bill of sale to you, have it notorized for 10 bucks, and take it in.

Does look like a fun project

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, HUGE aftermarket for them too. Check out trail-gear.com

MasherAZ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I highly recommend you get the title in your name, even if it's a bonded or salvage title. My friend had the same situation as you. His cousin sold him a CJ-5 for a couple hundred bucks. Once my friend put about $5k worth of work into it his cousin decided to take it back now that it ran well and looked nicer. I'm not raggin on your family or anything but you can never be too careful.

I say murder those fenders and throw on some 37s!!! Looks like it'll be a fun build.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Basicly everyone I wheel with is in a suzuki or Toyota all 1st Gens we all get our stuff from lowrangeoffroad.com they only do the Toyota and Suzuki thing but they have eveything. Just sucks for me to pay shipping all the way from Utah to Ontario lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals