• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

odd little bug here

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i got pulled over tonight for no tail lights so i went and picked up a pair even though i put new ones in a year ago. and well i got home took the old light out looked at it and nothings wrong with it. so then i go check out the fuse but its good too i checked power at the fuse and i have bat. voltage. then i checked the voltage for the connector for the bulb none i looked at a wire diagram and its all one wire to control tail lights front lights and license plate lamps. and i have all of those other then the tail lights so where it splits for the license plat lamps is all i can think of where it is messed up but i have to have a cut wire because if it was shorted i wouldnt have a fuse. its all just confusing i guess i get to crawl around underneath of it tomorrow and check it all out. fun stuff

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
There is a connector at the back of the bed near the rear of the spare area. It is where the wiring makes the leap from the frame to the bed. If that single connector is disconnected/corroded it can create an issue of no rearend lighting.

Good luck.

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i found the problem the area where the trailer lights were wired in the connector there was corroded and had some broken pins so i ended up cutting out the trailer lights since i dont use them and my hitch where it is mounted to the frame is about rusted offf so it wouldnt be safe to tow anything. so i cut out the trailer wires and got waterproof connectors spliced them in heated the heatshrink around them till the glue came out and electrical taped the hell out of it i should of sodered the wires but i dont have a sodering iron.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals