• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's Build

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Too late. I already the arrogant assholes cheesies lol :popcorn:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Lmao do you realize what your even talking about? Have you read this thread?

Seth knows his shit. You go on about the throw on his shifter vs a hurst and all he would need to figure it out is a tape measure.... know how a short shift works? Its not the measurement above the pivot its whats below that matters aside from pulling his out to measure you cant tell with a tape.

Stangman92

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Too late. I already the arrogant assholes cheesies lol :popcorn:
Dude let it go, name calling and random statements in the other thread????? Take some time off before the staff decides to ban you.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I just read through my first post from 09....dear Lord...I am surprised this truck still runs after 5 years of my ownership..

I did used to love those shitty cracker stick things that you dip in the nasty cold nacho "cheese". I probably would have bit some fingers off over those little MFers.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Its not the measurement above the pivot its whats below that matters aside from pulling his out to measure you cant tell with a tape.
FWIW...I know I added 1.25" below the pivot center. I want to say that is like half of the stock 95+ length . IIRC correctly... The Hurst adds roughly 1" below, but is 2" or so shorter above soo, then end ratio is similar to my setup.

So using the tape measure only compares apples to apples if the shifter lever above the pivot is the same.

Sent from my XT907 using Crapatalk

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Ban me for calling somebody on being full of themselves? Probably lol. HE called himself an arrogant asshole and me a dick because I called him on it. I never once said that he didnt know his shit. I said it wasnt polite to tell everyone how good you think you are. But now that I think about it, it doesnt seem very smart to waste of time/money to narrow a D44 and put 38.5" Swampers on it. Maybe he hasnt heard of a D60?

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Never called anyone a dick...just stated that I dislike them...but if the shoe fits..

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I'll look into this "D60" you speak of. Do you think I should look into purchasing and installing one? Where is the best place to find one?

I'm sure I will destroy my narrowed half ton....hell I'm sure I will destroy the narrowed D60 that I'm most likely going to build after the 44 pukes. Then I'll go Mogs and 40s.

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Youre right. I called myself a dick. And you called yourself an arrogant asshole. But Im ok with being a dick and admitting to it. How about yourself lol?
As far as the shifter goes, Im aware theres more to it then whats on top. However, how far the shifter stick moves before it engages a gear seems to be the deciding factor imo. My Hurst moves 3" and all of my stock shifters moved 9". They were all 1988-94 trannys. I have no experience with anything newer. The Hurst shifter did come with a thicker bottom plate that gets installed on newer trannys. I cant remember the years, its been 10 years since Ive read the instructions. People say theyve done all kinds of stuff on the internet. I wanted to know where you got the number %15 shorter then a Hurst from? And yes, I love my Hurst shifter. Its been in 3 Rangers and has roughly 250 000 kms on it :)

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Do all Canadians become upset because of an Americans opinion? I don't see what the big deal is. Put your big boy pants on and let it go EH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Definitely buy a D60 from a Jeep parts store. Theyll hook you right up lol.
Non dick questions - Why go through all the puny parts and time installing them when you know what you want eventually. I wish I had your metal fabricating skills. A wooden suspension wouldnt last long ;p
Also, why go through all the time/money narrowing diffs?? I dont get it. Wouldnt it be easier to leave them full width and use a rim with less offset?

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
But I like bickering.

I got 15% from an older write up where a guy had measured the lower half of a Hurst because he was running issues determining whether or not he needed the spacer....based on that measurement and dimensions of my setup and the stock shifter... I came up with 15%....that was a few years ago...I don't recall where all the numbers are.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Rims with that deep of BS are hard to come by...with rims that sucked in...they will rub suspension components. Not to mention the longer the tubes... The easier they are to bend, same goes for steering linkage.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I waste my time with a half ton because I'm too far into it to get my money/time back. And I would like to builder a lighter rig next.

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Well not that much backspacing :p All the 1 ton diffed little trucks around here that Ive seen have full width axles with an average offset rim. Theyre abit wider then stock diffs with really offset rims. A friend just put f350 diffs under his Ranger like that and it wasnt as wide as I thought itd be. He still needed to make new fenders though lol. I like the idea of a wider, more stable truck but you make good points in the axle tubes and steering linkage being weaker. Are D60s prone to getting bent axle tubes? Are some years better/worse then others?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals