• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

power steering pump puller puller & installer

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Before anybody flames up and down all over creation yes I did search. Now if I missed the answer somewhere just show me a link and I'll be happy to read it for myself BUT my issue today is that I am in need of a power steering pump puller/installer and I've never had to deal with pulleys in my automotive life. The Ford Service manual stipulates one with the special code: T69L-10300-B. I haven't been able to find anything that has that code anywhere within 10 miles of it, but I have found pulley puller sets that don't say they won't work with my 93 4.0. What I was hoping for was if somebody with more experience could take a look at either this set:
http://www.amazon.com/KD-2897-Alternator-Pulley-Installer/dp/B0002S79YU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

or this set:
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Tool-Design-ATD-3052-Installer/dp/B000OUUGIW/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2

and let me know if they infact will actually work or if they won't, and why not. I know I could probably go cheaper but I'd very much prefer a case so nothing gets lost if I were to get one. Thanks very much for anyone who can help.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
They both look fine. I've used the KD one numerous times.

The reason you cannot find the one listed in the Ford Service Manual is because it is a Rotunda Tool number. Rotunda are all Ford factory service tool available to dealerships.

tbirdsps

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I've got a funny story. I couldn't see paying for a puller for $40. The new PS pump came with the installer tool. A new pulley way $8.

One whack with the hammer and the pulley was no longer in the way.:icon_rofl:

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I rented a pulley tool set from Advance. Took a bit to figure out how it worked.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah autozone rents those tools for free. just gotta cover the cost of the tool, return the tool, and they refund you.

i ended up buying the tool because i kept getting bad pumps for the ranger, and my blazer. every other week i was pulling those freaking things out.

i can almost do it with my eyes closed.

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
awesome, thanks guys for the interest. I'd definitely go for the autozone deal, buuuut the nearest place is far enough away to cost the same in gas as about what I paid for the kit I got online:/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals