• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

project first truck

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
while thiss was out i decided to clean her up and change the fluids since i could flip it on its side and get it all out filled her up with almost 2 quarts and lubed up the shifter motor linkige and sealed her up

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
dam rocks and dam leaks

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
mmm so clean i wana eat off of it

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wiring up the exp. ohc

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok i got sick and tired of not having a suitable spot to pull switched power in the cab so i ran some 10 ga power wire from the other old alt fuse spot i threw a 20 ampere in there and ran the wire to the cab where ima gonna run a relay hooked up to key on power

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
starting to bring parts togher for my duel batt wiring upgrade

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
painted up my headlight trim black again looks good and fresh =] keep in mind all my pic were taken with my phone some suck and some straight up amaze me

any one know wtf the little light does i could not get it to work at all tried everything wtf

ran a new starter cable and put some new heat shrink on it and put the new pigtail that cane with the starter on and raped it all in some all new 1/2 inch loom =] looks really good

painted my tc output flanges black had some surface rust [any rust at all annoys the hell out of me] but it looks all clean and o i wanna plug the vent with a pipe plug is this a good idea anyone done it

painted some more interior pieces looks good a nice light coat

tied up my acc power relay finally got my relay

Last edited:

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
could you take some pics of how your front bumper is mounted for me?

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_thumby:alllllrighty thisss was my attempt to put vapor lock to bed i ****ing hate it it gives u the motst worthless and helpless feeling ever but anyway this is my new 96 mani that was cleaned in a hight temp big ass parts washer and then sand blasted lol i was kinda ocd on the runners i wanted them clean and boy does thiss thing stand out lol it looks ****ing amazing sooo dam clean while i was doing the install i didnt paint the intake or fuel rail or the plenum beacuse any color other than silver attracts heat soo i was kinda at a loss there so i painted my valve covers and water snout and throttle body and i also wanna do the maf but other than that im still gonna try and get that plastic plenum cause im still vaporlocking urrrgggggggg and thats all thats left is the plenum =] well for all u visual learners here ya go :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
while thiss was out i decided to clean her up and change the fluids since i could flip it on its side and get it all out filled her up with almost 2 quarts and lubed up the shifter motor linkige and sealed her up
Uh, did you fill it up while it was on it's side?

Cuz it's supposed to be filled while mounted in the truck (or at least filled at the angle that it is mounted at) and is full when it starts running out the fill plug... and iirc the capacity on the transfercase is 1.25 quarts....

Having the fluid level too high can be almost as bad as having it too low...

looking good though :icon_thumby:

Wow I was late on that it's been over a month now haha.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

also i noticed a huge power increace in thiss mani call me a liar but my god it made a bigassss diff and thats not me in the pic thiss is what i was doing directly after yeay party ya wouldent know how much fun it is at partys when u dont drink or smoke or do drugs its pretty funny watching evreone around u destroy brain cells and then u get to be the desagnated driver and get a shitload of gass money =]=]=] last night i made 40 $ off drunk retards =]

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Uh, did you fill it up while it was on it's side?

Cuz it's supposed to be filled while mounted in the truck (or at least filled at the angle that it is mounted at) and is full when it starts running out the fill plug... and iirc the capacity on the transfercase is 1.25 quarts....

Having the fluid level too high can be almost as bad as having it too low...

looking good though :icon_thumby:

Wow I was late on that it's been over a month now haha.
yea i did flip it back over i think it sucked about 1.5 q and my big clunk when i drop it into 4lo kinda quited down a bit

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i finnally got a chance to show how my lights work thiss is me all lit up lol :headbang: i just gotta alight the 4 in the front
here is how it lightes up the road thiss is some 9007 i modded the harness to fit reg low beam

this is the low and highs

just the 4 offroad lights 4 100w sylvaina bulbs

offroads and low beams

offroads and hi/lows on

offroads and high/lows with truck on

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i got my ohc in and working i had a hicup in the lighting but i got it all fixed up =] so now the lights work all i need is to put the garage door remote door put back on =] and hook up that speed sencor wire so my temp will increase and not skippp ppp ppp ppp if u kno where i could pull a wire like that on a obd1 computer system pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss let me kno

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals