• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project "Underhaulin".... Needing help!

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Ok...I am a member of a chevy truck forum ( My wife has a 66 panel).
Anyway a group of guys needs help seriously bad!!...spreading the word!

This is not a Ford vs Chevy thing.... This is truck/car/vehicle guys uniting for a great cause! This is a mechanic/autobody/parts and supply national "call to arms" so to speak!!

Next Work day is April 5th and 6th for anyone to show up and help work on the truck!

Project "Underhaulin" is a 67 chevy c-10 short stepper located in Nashville TN.

snip from thread when build started back in 2008:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=306320

"If you haven't read or been involved in the thread about the Lady that lost her husband and was trying to sell off all her and her late husband's 67-72 Chevy Trucks on Ebay , then you must be wondering what this is all about. I would encourage you to go and read through the thread linked to above and then come back here, but I'll try to sum it up pretty quick.

As stated, this Lady suddenly lost her husband at the young age of 46. Her and her husband Clyde loved these old Chevy Trucks. When he died his wife Dawn was left with four of them. She posted three of them and a bunch of parts for sale on Ebay in one auction, but none of the items sold because it was just so much to haul off. One of our members posted her story in the thread linked to above. As of this date the thread has been viewed over 15,000 times. A lot of people's hearts went out to this lady because of her situation, so we decided to take up donations to help her. In one week we raised over $1500 through our board members donations. Some other boards members even got involved and donated.

It was decided to give Dawn $1,000, and to take the remainder and get her other truck on the road for her. The fourth truck that Dawn has is a 67 SWB and it's very special to her. Her and her husband called the truck "Ole Girl" and before his death they had plans to fix it up. So, as you probably gathered Dawn's 67 SWB will be the subject of this build. We hope by doing this for Dawn that it might bring some closure in her life regarding her husband's passing."
Now the Year is 2014
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622416
Some of you may remember back in July of 2008, when some members found a project on ebay. The woman selling the truck turned out to be a recent widower, and was selling her and her husbands project. Her story touched the core of many members. 63 & 64 Bowties was drawn to Miss Dawn and her project. He started off with some emails and fundraisers, and other members joined the cause.

At the time a few members reached out to Overhauling, Trucks TV and several others, with no response. The continued posting and discussing ways to help Miss Dawn, while contacting many of the big boys for help. After hearing nothing back, a few of the Tennessee members got together and decided to take on the rebuilding of the truck. Project Underhaulin was born.

The project started out strong. Many members jumped in and offered parts, money and help to get this done. As with many things in life, the interest remained but everyday life got in the way. The members storing the truck were stuck with no help and major life issues. We are in no way pointing fingers, but the fact remains that project underhaulin started to fade into the shadows.

Fast forward to a few months ago, and questions were raised as to the future of this project. Another member Rusbuilt, stepped up and offered to bring Miss Dawn's truck to his shop and finish it.
In January 2014 Project Underhaulin was moved to the new location, and work dates were set up. The guys got busy and all looked well to get this done.
On March 20th we were saddened by the news posted by Rusbuilt about Dawn. She was admitted to the hospital with a cough, and diagnosed with Small Cel Carcinoma Lung Cancer. She has been given a few months to a year to live. That leads us to where we are now. The guys are in overdrive trying to get this project done for Miss Dawn. If you can help, even just to lend your support in what they are doing, please visit this thread.

Please spread the word around to any vendors, folks local to Russ, or anyone you know to help get this done. Time is of the essence, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please keep these posts to the top of the areas, so word can spread. When commenting about the project, please use the project thread located at this link. That will help to avoid confusion for those organizing this build.

Thank you in advance for your support.
UPDATE AS OF TODAY 3-28-14
Spoke to Dawn's daughter Rebecca today. Dawn is in ICU with double pheumonia in the good lung. She is currently on a ventilator for a few days

Page at new shop trying to get it finished:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=306320&page=51

They have been spreading the word the best they can....
I've done what I can to help with the project being here in KS.
If I was closer I would be there hands on...even if it was just block sanding a fender.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals