• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about 4 power

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
I found some 4 power at my bosses place and he said he uses it in all of his trucks. Even his 2012 f150 Eco boast. It cleans up your engine and all sorts. He says it's better than all engine cleaners and such. Is he right? Does it work good? How would I use it??

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Not much info on it when I searched Goggle. I asked some of my mechanic buddies and they never heard of it. There is a spot on UTube with it being used. Go Google it.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Never heard of it.

rich060685

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
Yea my boss told me that nobody sells them anymore, but a while back they did. I youtubed it and it doesn't tell me how to use it. I read on the directions and it said pour the whole pint in the tank with a quarter of a tank of gas in it and run it until you nearly have an empty tank. Then pour an another pint when you have a 15 - 20 gallon tank of gas. I don't really get the last part.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Since they pulled it off the market it must have done something like burn up a few engines.

Remember... Fuel additives are basically snake oil or non functional and I am going to add your beloved SeaFoam into that. Reason I am dissing SeaFoam.. Several years back I shipped a container of used motorcycles to Jamaica from the USA. The dealer I bought them from recommended that we drain the tanks as required by the shipper but make sure the float bowls were full of a mix of SeaFoam and fuel. Well needless to say I had to tear down EVERY bike's carbs and dig the blue corrosion out of all the idle circuit jets... And that was only after 5 weeks of not being run.

On your 4 power stuff-- Look at this website http://www.empowernetwork.com/timothy66/blog/do-fuel-additives-really-work/ If it does what they say it will do... The forst thing I see happening is that any varnish or sludge in the system is going to get broken down and suspended in your fuel to clog up your filters and or injectors, carb or what have you. So after reading this it seems logical to me that they would have to pull it off the market for that reason alone. Sort of like what happens when you take an older diesel and switch it to BioDiesel. All the sludge and varnish suspend and you go through a bunch of fuel filters for the first couple weeks you use it. Don't ask.

Last edited:

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not even sold anymore? Yeah I'd stay away from that...

As stated, most things are not worth the money you spend on 'em, but some are definitely better than others. If it can't even stay on the market, I would say its not better than the others.

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
Since they pulled it off the market it must have done something like burn up a few engines.

Remember... Fuel additives are basically snake oil or non functional and I am going to add your beloved SeaFoam into that. Reason I am dissing SeaFoam.. Several years back I shipped a container of used motorcycles to Jamaica from the USA. The dealer I bought them from recommended that we drain the tanks as required by the shipper but make sure the float bowls were full of a mix of SeaFoam and fuel. Well needless to say I had to tear down EVERY bike's carbs and dig the blue corrosion out of all the idle circuit jets... And that was only after 5 weeks of not being run.

On your 4 power stuff-- Look at this website http://www.empowernetwork.com/timothy66/blog/do-fuel-additives-really-work/ If it does what they say it will do... The forst thing I see happening is that any varnish or sludge in the system is going to get broken down and suspended in your fuel to clog up your filters and or injectors, carb or what have you. So after reading this it seems logical to me that they would have to pull it off the market for that reason alone. Sort of like what happens when you take an older diesel and switch it to BioDiesel. All the sludge and varnish suspend and you go through a bunch of fuel filters for the first couple weeks you use it. Don't ask.
Good point. Once you get all that crap into that filter, you have a clogged filter. Whats funny my boss uses it in all of his trucks and he never had any problems. I just wasn't sure if it was safe for my ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals