• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sheeesh, i think that lil 7.5 has about had it with you lol. at least your gettin a 9" ready. is it the big bearing or small bearing type?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
sheeesh, i think that lil 7.5 has about had it with you lol. at least your gettin a 9" ready. is it the big bearing or small bearing type?
lol yeah im soo sick of having to worry about it holding up whenever I take it out. I am putting an 8.8 with 4.88 probably later this week untill the 9" is all ready to go and I have rear fiberglass to acomidate the wideness. It's a big bearing housing.

KWAD RCR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey Alec, so a little sponsorship huh? It just so happens that I am lookin for a place to put my Threat beams and radius arms on. Guess I'll have to call you up again:icon_thumby: Trucks looking good. Dying to install my stuff. Just need to find time.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Alec, so a little sponsorship huh? It just so happens that I am lookin for a place to put my Threat beams and radius arms on. Guess I'll have to call you up again:icon_thumby: Trucks looking good. Dying to install my stuff. Just need to find time.
hey man! so did you get that other silverado? yeah i cant wait to see your truck with that on. Im quiting my job at pepboys finally so i should have plenty of time to help you out.

KWAD RCR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep, got it the day you headed to Lucerne. Already bankin some cash to do the Mazzulla kit in front. Put on the K & N cold air, throttle body spacer, and Diablo tuner should be tomorrow. Got some cash for some coilovers for the ranger as well. If you know of any good used ones let me know. So you'll have weekends free soon then?:icon_cheers: What tires you have on the truck in the Lucerne trip pics?

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yep, got it the day you headed to Lucerne. Already bankin some cash to do the Mazzulla kit in front. Put on the K & N cold air, throttle body spacer, and Diablo tuner should be tomorrow. Got some cash for some coilovers for the ranger as well. If you know of any good used ones let me know. So you'll have weekends free soon then?:icon_cheers: What tires you have on the truck in the Lucerne trip pics?
wow a Mazzulla kit would be rediculous! In those pics I have the dakota A/T's i have had great luck with them untill that trip i put a branch through the side wall lol. But I would still recomend them, you can't beat the price.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
finally put an 8.8 in with posi and 4.56's..muuch better. breaks are alot better too. only temp till the 9" goes in.

irishblessing

nice truck so your in fresno thats not too far from my i think ive seen you at ocotillo

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So.. I keep hearing people say "build up a 9 inch," and I keep wondering what that includes. I always thought all there was to it was relocating a couple mounts. :dntknw:

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So.. I keep hearing people say "build up a 9 inch," and I keep wondering what that includes. I always thought all there was to it was relocating a couple mounts. :dntknw:
yes you are correct if you plan to use a stock 9" but in the world of desert racin and prerunnin, even a stock 9" can start having issues with jsut a four banger in front. With the constant force of loading and unloading the rear end under 3/4 to WOT it does some real damage to a semi floating rear end. you are putting all this loaded force on to two little bearings at the outer ends of the axles as well as putting a ton of forward torque on the ring and pinion when the tires hit the ground.

usually the first set in buildin a 9" is changing the gears to soemthing from 5.13s, 5.30s and so on. You also should try to get the strongest style in that gear ratio to keep from blowin gears. From there, guys will pop in a set of chromoly alxes, locker or spool and possilbly put in a 35 splined axle for more strenght.

I will be doin the above first and seein how that last. Then i will be gettin with roughstuff (vender on here) and orderin a full floating rear end kit. This way there is no load on the axles but only torque from the motor to drive the truck (so no vehicle weight on the axles unlike the semi floating). You also have four bearings at each end of the axle to support the truck. At that point the 9" is damn near bullet proof for my truck but it still and can break.

Quasi242

January 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I may regret it in the end, but I am going to try and go a slightly different route with my rear end. I recently purchased a Ford 9.75 with a factory posi and complete disk brake setup. I chose this because it includes a tone ring (which my 2000 auto) will require and because it comes stock with 34 spline axles. I also found it used for $400.00 which is substantially cheaper than a 9" build will cost. The down side is that it has a cast housing similar to the 8.8 and is a semi-floating rear end. Since it is out of an F-150 width should be fairly similar to my 4.5" over front end. I will let you all know how it turns out when it is done. Sorry for the thread hyjack but I thought that this might be relevant to the current conversation.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
its all good quasi...yea 84 pretty much explained the process...now in my 9" build I am doing a custom housing so that my track width is exactly the same front and back. I am also putting explorer disc brakes. It will have 5.14 gears, full spool and probably a billet pinion support. All free of charge as "advertisement" through Fearless Gear, where I now work. :D

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
here is a pic of the 8.8 im running for now...got a little carried away with the fork lift lol

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I could find someone to give me free stuff in exchange for advertisement. :(

And nice flex!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals