• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger44's build: Project FAZDA

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Btw, these tires are excellent in snow!

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Got the tires and tie rods on. Have an appointment tomorrow for the alignment. (Monday).

LOCK-RITE installed!

Dep. Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Can you post some pics of those tires installed? I have a set of 235s in those and they are great on the road. I'm just looking to step up my size.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Front Bumper!

Last edited:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Always liked the look of this gen of the B-series, more so than the rangers, nice work

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Can you post some pics of those tires installed? I have a set of 235s in those and they are great on the road. I'm just looking to step up my size.
I will once I get the alignment done tomorrow. The front tires are all kinds of weird angles. :icon_twisted:

I will say......it looks frackin sweet, and BA :headbang: for only being slightly leveled and pretty much stock.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Always liked the look of this gen of the B-series, more so than the rangers, nice work
Thanks, I appreciate the comments, I feel the Mazda's seem to have a more squared front end and look just a little tougher.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I love it when its a white/light colored b-series, with the black grill and stuff...ooooooo sexy combo

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Hella 500's!

Tim, won't like these, cause they're "BIG", but they prevent me from hitting bambi, and other hazards at night, whether on-road or off.

I'll get these put on whenever extra time presents itself......whenever that is. :dunno:

Last edited:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Alignment shop wasn't able to get my truck done today. Had to let them start it and leave it over night, just kills me.......just kills me.......:sad:

But it has to be done. Angles are all sorts of messed up up. toe is like this \ / and whenver I go forward the camber goes / \ and in reverse it goes \ /. All beacuase toe is messed up. Steering is flat.

I'm itching to snap some pics and get it on here though!

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
But it has to be done. Angles are all sorts of messed up up. toe is like this \ / and whenver I go forward the camber goes / \ and in reverse it goes \ /. All beacuase toe is messed up. Steering is flat.
This sounds strangely familiar, you remember when we did your front end right before i left? its not that bad this time is it?

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
It's a bad toe setting that's doing it. I'm running the same coil spacers when it was "good enough".

I shoulda known better than to take it to Neal's. I took it in at 2pm yesterday. I'm still waiting 4:20 today. :annoyed:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Update on the alignment! I'm pissed!

After waiting a day and a half, for what was supposed to take an hour.......They try and screw me........HARD.

What was quoted at 69.95 plus parts turned into $192 dollars......:annoyed:

They charged me the alignment fee, then $25ea for the bushings. When I asked how they spent $50 on #$%@ing alignment bushings, they said they got them from NAPA. Funny thing is, I was just in NAPA the other day to pick up a couple of bushings to get this thing back on the road. I wanted to pick the cheapest they had, which happened to be 11 bucks each. The guy at the counter said there wasn't anything over $15 anyway, until you got into the fully adjustables......that's the first thing. I double check online just now, and yes....nothing over $15.59......:icon_thumby:

THEN.....tried to charge me one hour of labor rate for changing the bushings out!!!???? Whoever has changed these out before, especially when I had the suckers out 2 days before, and they had anti-seize slathered on them......will know that all it takes is removing the pinch bolt, and gently prying the bushing out. Shouldn't this be included in the alignment price? By the same means......why didn't they charge me the labor to loosen and tighten the adjuster sleeves when adjusting toe????????:icon_confused:

I was beyond irate, and demanded the labor rate be removed from the bill. Especially since I KNEW the bushings were added at an inflated price. The bastards kept my truck in the bay until I paid, they knew they were bending me over. Rod(Dustin I think you're related to this guy) was the only one that was any help. He dropped it to $150. And he complimented my truck. Everyone else can suck it. Never going there again. They were RUDE, SLOW, and BENT ME OVER big time. They took advantage of the fact that I need to be somewhere in my truck within the hour. DO not go to NEAL'S TIRE in LINCOLN, IL!

Rant mode complete.......

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Increased MPG!

On a lighter note.......

I recorded an average of 20mpg on a trip from Springfield and back last night. This included mixed driving 90% highway and 10% in-town. That was doing 70-74mph mostly.

I can't complain, since before it was 15-16mpg.

All I can think is replacing the crudy y-pipe, switching to 4.10's, adding better tires, and alignment all helped. :icon_idea:

Don't forget to use quality parts! Saves you money in the long run!

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Pics of the Black Beauty: FAZDA.....

Meet FAZDA:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals