• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

MarcosLopez77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Feeling the vibration at 65 with the truck in neutral makes me feel like it's wheel-related. Which wheels are you running? Steelies? I wonder if you have one or more bent rims. I was chasing a minor but annoying 65+ vibration all last summer until I put my winter tires on last fall - installed on a set of never-used dealer-takeoff steelies. Bingo, no vibration. Took the other set to Discount Tire to see if they could balance them and they brought me back into the bay to show me that two rims were in fact bent and would wobble back and forth on the balancer. Rare, but it happens. I just wonder what the previous owner ran over or jumped in a lowly 2wd Ranger to bend two steel wheels at once. Or they could've been two separate bomb craters potholes. Who knows?

Unless I missed it, I don't think you mentioned where the vibration seems to be coming from. Are you feeling it in the steering wheel, the seatback, or both? Before tossing in the towel on this, I would try to rotate the wheels around a couple times and see if you can isolate it to the front or the back.

i also think it has something to do with the wheels as it did change from better to worse back to better after several trips rotating and balancing. wish i had another set of wheels to experiment with, may try using my buddies wheels from his explorer just to see if theres a difference. honestly when it starts vibrating i feel it in the wheel, seat everywhere.

wheels are stock stx aluminum wheels with Firestone destination all terrains.

MarcosLopez77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well i think i may have discovered the problem on my truck. This weekend i was fitting some tire chains on my truck to prepare for a deer hunt this coming weekend. When doing so i noticed one of my tires is not the same size as the other three. I feel kinda dumb not noticing this before but its one of those things i drove off the lot assuming the shop did a professional job on the install. Never even crossed my mind that could have been the problem. I did talk to the shop but being that these tires are few years old they didnt want to do anything to fix the problem. Not sure when i will buy new tires but ill keep you all posted when i do as to if it fixed the problem or not

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals