• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rear brake hose length with belltech 6400 shackles?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
im going to be installing a set of belltechs here shortly and was wondering if anyone had run in to trouble with the rear brake hose length after installing the shackles. i want to make sure it wont be too tight when the axle is at full droop, which shouldnt be too far off from where it is now so it shouldnt be an issue, but i just want to be prepared for it if it becomes an issue. ive already got a plan to re-route the tail pipe past the spring as ive read that interference here has also been an issue.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I'd get a slightly longer one just incase. I really haven't done the 6400's myself. I'd rather be safe then sorry. And plus you have an excuse to get stainless steel brake line for your truck.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got the shackles in mine and stock brake lines have been fine for me.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd get a slightly longer one just incase. I really haven't done the 6400's myself. I'd rather be safe then sorry. And plus you have an excuse to get stainless steel brake line for your truck.
Thats what i was thinking, i already had to do the fronts after the spacer lift
(which i had read of any one else having trouble with this?), so i went with some 24" stainless lines so now im thinking, why not do the rear? i have read post and seen pics (mountianmike) where the belltech shackle hits the tailpipe where it turns, right after the hanger so i think ill just cut it after the hanger and then use a 14" extension piece and then reconnect the part i cut off, effectively moving the tail pipe further back and putting it between my bumper and the back of the bed. ill take some pictures when i do it so it can be explained better. now i just need a day off and the ambition to go sit in the snow and change these.

norcals91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've got the shackles, and the stock hose wasn't too stressed, but I went with a extended braided hose anyway, just for the peace of mind.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
anyone know how long the rear hose is? i thought we had one in stock but i guess not, i ordered one for monday but i wont be back up here (work) till wednesday and hopefully ill have the shackles on by then?

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Shackles and Chevy 63" leafs in mine....lots of suspension travel....no problems with the stock length rear line. I built a neat little bracket for drop it down about 3" from the stock location.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals