• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

respect for jeepers

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I love pulling people out and helping them out like that.

Out at the local ORV park here i use to take my expedition back there, mainly all i did was use it for a winch anchor and to jerk people out.

Of course, you shoulda seen what it took to pull me out when i framed it out in the mud :D

later,
Dustin

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
According to you he was totally drunk....People die each year in AZ deserts from hypothermia and being drunk brings down your resistance to cold. What if he passed out?

it gets colder than 45 in AZ deserts at night in the winter ........ I had many nights on night watch where the water would freeze in my Canteen and it would be 80 degrees the next day.....

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
it gets colder than 45 in AZ deserts at night in the winter ........ I had many nights on night watch where the water would freeze in my Canteen and it would be 80 degrees the next day.....
This guy is in Oregon and Im betting that it gets a tad cooler than 45 at night lol

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
This guy is in Oregon and Im betting that it gets a tad cooler than 45 at night lol

I don't know, I grew up in Oregon. I believe Toledo is on the coast between Tillamook and Lincoln City somewhere near the Siuslaw nat. forest ..... it stays around 40 degrees day and night in the winter there ....... not too often does it get cold enough to kill you........

Ranger97XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have to admit jeeps can be pretty amazing, we had my roommates jeep out at some dunes in Michigan and water logged it.

famous last words (lets see how deep it goes)

amazingly we were dragged out, pulled the plugs to purge the water out of the pistons, and she fired right up, we were able to drive it back home to Chicago. Changed the fluids and she runs just fine, although the dash sometimes goes out now :icon_confused:

Last edited:

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
I have to admit jeeps can be pretty amazing, we had my roommates jeep out at some dunes in Michigan and water logged it.

famous last words (lets see how deep it goes)

amazingly we were dragged out, pulled the plugs to purge the water out of the pistons, and she fired right up, we were able to drive it back home to Chicago. Changed the fluids and she runs just fine, although the dash sometimes goes out now :icon_confused:
Gotta love the jeep 4.0 inline......about bullet proof

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
Its called tough love......since that incident he has straighten his life out and is doing great, before he issues and lets leave it at that. To this day he thanks me for stepping in and forcing him to face his issues

wtn4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My respect for jeep owners is whenever I see them I give them my middle finger.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
My respect for jeep owners is whenever I see them I give them my middle finger.
Ah another quality individual. To me it dont matter what you have on the trail..........as long as you are out on the trail and not an ASSHAT:icon_rofl:

eric17mx

I guess growing up in the country we do things a little different. Family/friends first no exceptions.

93rangerXLT4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ah another quality individual. To me it dont matter what you have on the trail..........as long as you are out on the trail and not an ASSHAT:icon_rofl:
yup that pretty much sums up what i gotta say... doesnt matter what you drive on the trail i'll pull ya out as long as your not a dink to me... if you piss me off f-u im leaving ya there... :icon_rofl:

i also agree with the post above... we do stuff different living in the country.. i love jeeps and wouldnt mind owning 1 one day. its not a brand specific thing its a "people" thing.. i've pulled out a few people too.. mostly s10's..:icon_rofl::D

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I guess growing up in the country we do things a little different. Family/friends first no exceptions.
Witch is why you dont let them kill people. I tryed to get mt best friend caught DD because nothing would stop him. Never managed to get him busted.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just like everything else, there is no ownership test to only keep out a certain kind of people. There can be really good guys and absolute pricks driving identical rigs, can't tell until you get to know them.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
over the past weekend i was out at a place called cecil field just doin a bit of wheelin by myself wasnt going through anything deep just scoping it out for hunting i see a puddle i wanted to go through (mind you i only have 2wd) so i get out with my depth stick and see how deep it is...its like 2 inches so i go ahead and go through it.......i wasnt to inches it was about 4 feet deep in the middle that i didnt check...so im sitting out there stuck for an hour trying to dig and find wood and along comes this jeep cherokee....without a word being said he was out of his rig witha rope...well i had been there for a while so the suction was bad he couldnt get me out....4 hours and 5 of his jeep friends later finally emerged me from this hell hole.....i now have a new found respect for jeepers!
THAT is what you get for going over to the Weaps. side of the road. When I was down there for school in 95/96, I used to go over there and run the powerline cuts. Now THAT was a hoot. It was all about how fast/hard you could get going BEFORE you hit the slop, and try to maintain wheel speed and forward momentum. I usually made it past the 2 pole before I lost the forward momentum part. Nice to know that you can still go and git it over there... Oh, is Grand daddy still around over there?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals