• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Reverse Lights and Neutral safety switch

ranger1999 Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When i bought the truck i noticed it didnt have reverse lights but all other lights worked.I go to check the bulbs and there is no issue with the bulbs and no power to the bulb.
Bright it into inspection and the guy there starts tracing the wires and says that there is no power to the neutral safety switch.
I did not see him when he made this check as i was in the outhouse.
Can anyone give me ideas as to where to go looking with this , wiring diagrams and where to start searching with this?

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im assuming you have a 5 speed trans

your neutral safty switch shouldnt make a difference with your back up lights.
the neutral safty switch is the switch that will allow the truck to start when you have the clutch depressed

what it could be is check the connection to the switch on the, i believe the drivers side of the trans it should havve 2 wires coming off it if im not mistaken. that is what controls your back up lights. if the connector is pluged in, chase the wires back and check for dammage, check for a blown fuse but if the back up lights are the only thing not working you should be good there. if you find no dammage try replacing that switch

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals