• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rivian R1S

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
*most charging stations are not designed for a truck with a trailer so you have to unhook said trailer to charge the tow rig.

Interesting

Or do like the guy in the forum post and block 4 or 5 charging spots so you don’t have to disconnect.

Sounds like those people who stop at a fuel pump and go inside for whatever. They don’t even get any fuel! I guess waking that extra 50 feet from an actual parking spot is just going to take too long and ruin their day. And heaven forbid you say anything about it. You’re the a$$h0le for pointing it out.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Sounds like those people who stop at a fuel pump and go inside for whatever
Encountered that coming home from Carlisle. Getting on the road before 6:am with Jim's truck in tow. Pull in to some pumps and there was a van sitting there. Nobody around. Other side of the island was also occupied and abandoned. Can't back up with a truck on a tow dolly. So I went in and got some coffee and donuts. Nobody in the store but me and the cashier. Took my coffee out and put it in the truck. Still don't see anybody. Finally, I walk in and go down the hall and enter the restroom. "Is the driver of the Aramark Van in here?" Voice says "yeah". I yelled "well don't sit there all day!" I went back to my truck. He came out and left a few moments later.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
A lot of times if I fill up and want to go inside I will leave my truck at the pump, but only if there is plenty of other pumps open. If it’s busy ill move it to a spot.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
I'm the guy that would have just bought a bag of grass seed after they told me what a pallet of sod cost.
If it's in Florida, grass seed seems to be a no-go. The grasses that I'm used to from up North won't take the heat here. The ones that can survive don't propagate that way so you're stuck using sod or plugs.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
If it's in Florida, grass seed seems to be a no-go. The grasses that I'm used to from up North won't take the heat here. The ones that can survive don't propagate that way so you're stuck using sod or plugs.
You can tell who seeds thier lawn. All the good grass will be in the ditches and run-offs.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Are there different varieties available to use in Northern FL? Down here it seems 99% of grass is St. Augustine, including my lawn. We aren't getting along. It creeps like crazy wherever I don't want it, and refuses to grow into the areas I do. My driveway is at least a foot narrower now than it was a year ago when we bought the place.

Growing up in ND and MN I always wondered WTF those edgers were for. Now I know.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Are there different varieties available to use in Northern FL? Down here it seems 99% of grass is St. Augustine, including my lawn. We aren't getting along. It creeps like crazy wherever I don't want it, and refuses to grow into the areas I do. My driveway is at least a foot narrower now than it was a year ago when we bought the place.

Growing up in ND and MN I always wondered WTF those edgers were for. Now I know.
It's psychological warfare. You have to make it think that you DON'T want it to grow in the places where you actually DO want it to grow. To defeat the grass, you must be the grass.

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
A lot of times if I fill up and want to go inside I will leave my truck at the pump, but only if there is plenty of other pumps open. If it’s busy ill move it to a spot.
The difference is, you got gas and had a good reason to be there instead just being lazy. The last part is just plain being considerate.

Generally, I don’t do it but that is just me and not a judgement on others. Usually the exception is when the pump is out of receipt paper or I can hear the mechanism is jammed. Then I’ll leave the vehicle there and walk in to get a receipt and notify the clerk about the pump. Not that they can do anything about it right away. Often times, they can’t get away from the register due to traffic or they are the only one there.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I did not know that.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Or do like the guy in the forum post and block 4 or 5 charging spots so you don’t have to disconnect.

Sounds like those people who stop at a fuel pump and go inside for whatever. They don’t even get any fuel! I guess waking that extra 50 feet from an actual parking spot is just going to take too long and ruin their day. And heaven forbid you say anything about it. You’re the a$$h0le for pointing it out.
It gets really bad at truck stops.

We have a fuel tank at the shop to fuel...but its a well known issue of guys pulling up and blocking fuel islands even to take their 30 minute break. Normally its because they are to lazy to walk from the actual parking lot or they dont know how to back up.

When i drove the other semi i used to drive before it got...um...altered i used to have to go and get DEF...well since it was literally one of the first ones pete built with def the tank was on the wrong side (standard is drivers side, mine was on passenger)...so id either a) have to pull in the wrong way or b) take up 2 pumps...i had atleast 3 guys threaten to fight me over it.

Truckers can be ridiculious.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It gets really bad at truck stops.

We have a fuel tank at the shop to fuel...but its a well known issue of guys pulling up and blocking fuel islands even to take their 30 minute break. Normally its because they are to lazy to walk from the actual parking lot or they dont know how to back up.

When i drove the other semi i used to drive before it got...um...altered i used to have to go and get DEF...well since it was literally one of the first ones pete built with def the tank was on the wrong side (standard is drivers side, mine was on passenger)...so id either a) have to pull in the wrong way or b) take up 2 pumps...i had atleast 3 guys threaten to fight me over it.

Truckers can be ridiculious.
I’ve read about that on some trucker’s group pages on facebook. I’m friends with a few and for some reason they invited me on a couple of the pages. It has been some interesting reading.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
I’ve read about that on some trucker’s group pages on facebook. I’m friends with a few and for some reason they invited me on a couple of the pages. It has been some interesting reading.
Lookup bonehead truckers on youtube

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

St. augustine is very common. So is centipede grass. I've been told to stay away from Bermuda grass for reasons I forget.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals