• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough riding Ranger Edge

rebel ranger

Reaction score
Ight den . I'm tired of rattling ttttteeth every time I drive my 2002 reg. cab 2wd Ranger Edge. Somebody please direct me to a thread or a possible solution to tame this buckboard down to a more tolerable level. New Monroe Reflex shocks barely made a difference . Previous owner had the shocks installed, I'm not a Monroe fan.

Thinking of taking some leaves out of the rear and dropping the Torsions in the front. What y'all think? Preciate it.
RR

ckblum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
I would suggest some Bilstein 5100 series, but you might be right with having too stiff of springs and t-bars. It's worth a try cause they are probably the best replaceable shock on the market, or maybe check out Doetsch shocks. They have white rocket style shocks valved for "prerunning" and taking lots of little bumpy hits, similar to the Bilstein but I think even lighter. Try the Doetsch shocks in the rear and some Bilsteins up front maybe.

Also what size tires are you running?

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
+1 on the Bilsteins, they made a big difference on my 2WD.

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok I have an 01 edge with t-bars bro so this is what I did to get a better ride I shelled out the cash for the Bilstein's 5100 they made it better but not to good still stiff so I took out the adda leaf and added a 3" block and softened the t-bars 5 turns back from top still have the same height and tire clearance but the ride is what matters and it’s so much better almost as good as stock ride no adjustments

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you don't mind spending the money you can get a coil-over conversation kit.

rebel ranger

Reaction score
Ok I have an 01 edge with t-bars bro so this is what I did to get a better ride I shelled out the cash for the Bilstein's 5100 they made it better but not to good still stiff so I took out the adda leaf and added a 3" block and softened the t-bars 5 turns back from top still have the same height and tire clearance but the ride is what matters and it’s so much better almost as good as stock ride no adjustments
ight, that sounds like we're heading in the right direction. I'm going to take out a leaf and unhook the rear sway bar and see what happens. the rear spring pack has 4 leaves. The bottom leaf is thicker than the top three and appears to be the load spring because it doesn't contact any of the others. I may have to take out the second spring and try it .

Does anyone here know if EDGE springs are a different rate than the standard 2WD spring packs?

No coil spring conversion here, I'm a cheap arse that's just had his job shipped out of the country. No funds for playing, just have to work with what I have.

:icon_cheers:

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The leafs in all the edges no matter 2wd or 4wd are the same as all 4wd rangers thats one of the reasons for the edge package.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Monroe Reflexes are a pretty stiff shock. Sensa Tracs or the aforementioned Bilsteins will ride better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals