• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rusty Cab

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
So I have a 86 ranger, regular cab, and the front dog leg on the driver side has rotted out on me. I was wondering what is the best solution to fix this problem. If someone sells the part, or do I need to go cut one off another truck. any help would be greatly appriciated.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
You're best off cutting one off of another truck. Any year '83-92 will work. Drill out the spotwelds and plug weld the new one on.

86_cookiemonster

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, now all I gotta do is find a scrap yard that'll let me bring in the tools i need. Would a Sawzall work? I have a torch but most places frown upon that, some obsurd fear of a massive fire destroying their business or some bs like that ;)

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What's a dog leg?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
thanks, now all I gotta do is find a scrap yard that'll let me bring in the tools i need. Would a Sawzall work? I have a torch but most places frown upon that, some obsurd fear of a massive fire destroying their business or some bs like that ;)
The junkyard can cut the parts out for you if you ask nicely and pay them handsomely...the yard I used to go to specialized in body parts for repair shops...saw trucks with various and assorted parts loaded on trucks that were cut in the yard...

Using a sawzall might work...but some yards won't allow any cutting whatsoever due to risk of explosions and yahoos cutting out support parts on vehicles at the bottom of a stack...

What's a dog leg?
This is a term that I first heard in reference to a hole in a golf course...but the Urban Dictionary has a few uses of the term new to me...lol

1. dog leg
While having intense sex, you hike one leg and move it behind you.
Oh man, I was humping her so hard, I had to pull a dog leg to keep from missing the hole.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?term=dog%20leg&defid=4990320
2. dog leg

1. in golf, a layout that turns to the right or left.
2. a large turd that sticks up out of the water

3. Dog leg
A huge fat dip; it also can be when your dip gets on your lip from the hugeness

Last edited:

86_cookiemonster

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
What's a dog leg?
A dog leg is a bend, in a the cab of the truck there are two sets of dog legs. When you open the door the peice of metal that runs underneath the door between the rear post of the cab and the front of the cab is called a rocker panel, Where the rocker panel meets the "posts" in the front and the back of the cab there is a curved peice of metal, that is the dog leg.

This is an example of a rear dog leg on an explorer

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Never heard the term dog leg before. Someone came to my door once and asked if I was getting rid of the dog house one time. I don't have a dog house. He was talking about something vehicle related I had piled in the yard I learned afterwards.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals