• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

????'s on baggin' the ole '64.......

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I recently took ownership of this 1964 International...:icon_bounceblue:

My plan is to get it running, spray off the dust, throw on some Coker whitewalls with red steelies & dog dish center caps! The only other thing I am considering is bagging it, I want to set it as close to the ground as possible.

***THE PROBLEM*** FRONT & REAR LEAF SPRINGS.......I know I could 4 link the rear, but what about the front?

Any opinions on a reasonable way to bag this thing. It is only going to be for "weekend driving". Is there a way to bag leaf springs & if so, what are the pros & cons? Any opinions on a reasonable way to bag this thing would be appreciated....:icon_thumby:

Front suspension:

Closeup of front suspension:

Rear suspension:

:icon_cheers:
B2

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
you can do a link setup on front and back pretty easy. you could get away with a suicide 3 link up front or do a full triangulated 4 link. if you do you bags on your links and chop the stock bumpstops and brackets you can get the front axle to touch the frame. also if im not mistaken the old INT trucks have bolt in inner fenders that should be pretty easy to cut for clearence.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sweet truck! You can do a bag on bar setup, and weld bag cups to the straight axle in front or rear. Wouldn't ride or handle very well though, and it's the most basic type of bag setup you can run, but it would work.
If it were mine, I'd replace the whole front clip with something from a mustang II or early 90's Toyota truck. They had double wishbone style suspensions that would allow you to mount the bags where the coils would go. It would ride and handle way better than a bag on bar style suspension. Plus, you'd be able to get it to lay. Pretty common for the i-beam ranger guys to do this swap to avoid the camber issues that you get when going this low.
For the rear, I'd look into some type of 3/4/6 link setup. Just depends how sophisticated you want to get.

jhammel85

Thats going to be a hell of a ride! I love old internationals.....

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I appreciate the advice & the positive comments...:icon_thumby:

I LOVE this truck!! I really like the fact that it is not a Ford or Chevy, I can't say I've ever seen an International ratted out.....As soon as funds allow, I will be posting a non RBV build thread! :headbang:

B2

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I would swap out that front suspension for sure to a Mustang II or 84-94 Toyota pickup. An independent front suspension would ride a lot better. You could do a parallel 4 link but I would go for a control arm suspension for sure. As for the rear, triangulated 4 link.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I appreciate the advice slammedx, changing the front suspension is way above anything I could do.....I know it would cost a fortune to get someone to do it for me but I want it done correctly. Would you happen to know of any shops around TN that could do the work???? I am willing to travel a little....

I wish you were closer than 9 hours away......:annoyed:

B2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals