• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SE Georgia Meet & Greet -- July 10, 2011

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Awesome. The more the merrier! Looks like the wife and I will be in the house by the middle of next month... Plenty of time to get settled.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You sir, are a clown. LOL

Whats the deal with getting the Mazda?
The Mazda is now in my possession... BUT it died when I attempted to make a run for home from Augusta. Engine needs an overhaul but hopefully it will be road ready by this time next month.

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Well call me I you want to tear it down... You buy the beer and I'll provide the labor...

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's all the way back in Thomasville with me now lol Had to get it towwed after if died in Milledgeville(sp?) and I thought it was the starter locked up and maybe one other simple problem, but I had to get it towwed and at home I discovered the engine was locked up.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Still down for the meet but doubt I'll be in a truck. The 99 just does too bad on gas, needs suspension work, and tires as well. The 86 I'm building won't be anywhere close to finished by then, probably be lucky if the engine is even sitting in the bay yet. This summer heat we're going to have is killing my motivation already, not that I had much to start with.

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I hear that man... The heat is dropping my motivation to even wash my beast.. Lol

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey man I might have missed it but what time are you planning to get fired up on the 10th?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Move me back to the maybe list. I was in a wreck a little over a month ago, and my car has been in the body shop since. Doesn't look like I'll have it back in time, and there is no way my truck can make the drive. If they surprise me and have the car finished by Friday I can still make it but due to parts issues it looks like I'll be lucky to have it back the following Friday. I hate relying on other people to do stuff, nine times out of ten its either wrong or takes way too long.

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Next sunday guys (and gals)

they started building the houses next door to me sadly... so no go for the parking.

My truck is acting up (as a good ranger would) so i'm hoping i can narrow down the issue over the next few days.

I'm thinking we start around 1200 or so? Anyone object?

garage is set, i don't have my compressor yet... but i still have a few tools available.

Steaks will be available, BYOB (Bring your own beverages), I'll drop a few steaks on the grill for like $5 per steak, i have a freezer full of meat. grill is small, but it will do the trick if you're hungry... if not, there's a Zaxby's, wendys, food lion, and mcdonalds right around the corner from the house.

I'm thinking about maybe a ride down to Tybee or Savannah if anyone is interested. Yall are more than welcome to hang, but i'm not trying to have this thing running past 8 or 9pm.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. There is still parking on the street and i can fit about 4 trucks in the driveway, and one in the garage.

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just stumbled on this:

Big Nasty ATV Park in Effingham County, GA

Sundays 1200 - 600pm
$20 per vehicle

It's an ATV park, but they allow trucks and jeeps out to hit the trails and mud holes.

HMMMM.. Anyone interested in grabbing a bite and hitting the trails? I'm only sportin the 2WD, but I'm not afraid to run my truck in the woods... There are plenty of car washes locally we can use after the fact if you dont want that good old GA Clay to be stuck on your ride.

I've been DYING to try my truck off the pavement but nobody will go with me because they are afraid of me getting stuck...

So there's another option for next sunday. I will call and see if they will do us a discounted rate because we're a truck club, and i'm going to try to bring a few people.

PWFD1443

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
hooooooly shit.

what a ****ed up day.

To all that actually showed: I appologize.

Had a HUGE wreck on I-95 south.. multiple trauma, then i ended up getting called into work because someone quit!

Today has sucked for everyone.

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Maybe do it another day man. Keep us informed. We came by and your wife said you had went in then on the way out we seen the wreck so i figured that was where you were.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I see what you're doing. Trying to bee all sneaky and put it off till I can make it. Well I figured it out now, still can't promise I'll be able to make it next time though. Even then I doubt I'll have a Ranger ready to make the trip, just hope I'll have my car back so I can make it anyway.

As I predicted for this one the engine isn't even sitting in the bay of the 86 yet. Turning out to be more of an issue with weather than heat. Raining every afternoon kinda puts a damper on a lot of the work I need to do prior to getting to that point.

Sorry about the plans falling through because of work, and sorry you got called in on a Sunday. Guessing from your user name that you are on the Fire Department. I really appreciate the work you do but I couldn't handle being on call like that. Back just before memorial day (two days before my car was wrecked) I was supposed to be meeting up with a fellow forum member and a fire chief, up around Chattanooga. I got over half way and received a call that he'd been called into work, thankfully he was willing (though barely able) to meet the next day. Trying to plan things never knowing when you'll be called in has got to suck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals