• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SE to Mid Michigan Michigan Ranger Friends please assist

UofMfanJJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ExplorerRanger
Transmission
Manual
I have an 85 explorer ranger with a dark navy blue hood that had light blue pin stripes.
I had Westland Car Care tow it from Garden City, MI to Mason, MI using 96 to 275 back to 96 I am assuming they used Inkster road or Middlebelt to get to 96. I’ll double check the route they took in the AM but I am positive that is it.

They tried to claim it had no hood on the truck before it was towed. I have to wait till 10am tomorrow to find out where the actual **** my hood flew off at. The driver swears there was no hood, I am going to have my friend check in front of the house but I am positive there was a hood on my truck and their rear tow truck camera will show where I lost it at.

also legally, what can happen here? My hood was latched down and is now entirely freaking missing from my truck. Can I sue them for the driver telling me my truck had no hood with no hood at delivery?

thank you for your time, have a great evening. If anyone can keep their eyes peeled please help, it matches the pin stripes on my truck and I just got it running today. I have some of the worst luck at times in life and buying another hood maybe in my future but I’m hoping the original is just scratched to hell not bent up and laying on the side of 96 somewhere.

I am extremely immobile until I fix my 85 or 86 XR7 cougar. My ex girlfriend stole my XR4TI that we have a bonded title with.. I’ve been heel toe express for 2 years now. Please do not steal or scrap my freaking hood.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
If there was a hood on the truck... and actually blew off... there would be some damage to the truck. Like broken windshield... hinges torn from the body... etc...

I think if the hood hinges are still intact... the hood was likely missing before it went on the tow truck.

UofMfanJJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ExplorerRanger
Transmission
Manual
If there was a hood on the truck... and actually blew off... there would be some damage to the truck. Like broken windshield... hinges torn from the body... etc...

I think if the hood hinges are still intact... the hood was likely missing before it went on the tow truck.
It was supposed to be ratchet strapped across the front end which was supposed to be communicated by insurance to tow company.
It was only held down by the latch which is bent up and outwards towards the grill. I am unsure where the bolts are at the destination but they are not with the hood assembly

the driver claimed there was no hood but there was. I will verify for sure in an hour and a half, but I am positive this thing I on 275 96 or one of the roads in between.

I am in the belief they must have towed it backward avoiding windshield damage. I fully expect that latch to be fucked or gone though.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Ahhhh... those were important details to leave out.

Hopefully it all works out...

UofMfanJJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ExplorerRanger
Transmission
Manual
Ahhhh... those were important details to leave out.

Hopefully it all works out...
I can see in the picture my friend sent me it appears the hood latch is pulled upwards and bent out towards the grill. I am positive my hood was there and now on a freeway god knows where.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I can see in the picture my friend sent me it appears the hood latch is pulled upwards and bent out towards the grill. I am positive my hood was there and now on a freeway god knows where.
Chances are youll never find it man.

I know that sucks and 1st gen body parts are hard to come by in MI. But id start looking for a new hood.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals