• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

She's gone :(

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i done did it. Sold the ranger for $2000 sure i ripped myself off cause it definately was worth more then that. Since its practically the great depression #2, money was getting a little tight for me..yup been out of work since november and i can't even secure a labor job (which is totally unheard of in the oil capital of north america...). Insurance on the f250 is coming up so thats mainly the reason i sold it :bawling:

When i do find some work i'm going to eventually buy either another ranger, or a fullsize ford, be it a bronco or a reg cab short box f-150 (92-96 style). I'll creep TRS and share as much knowledge as i have with RBVs but i have to say, the life of that ranger is still strong and im sure the next owner (a close friend) will treat it with the same bush beating treatment i gave it.

Its sad to not have a ranger anymore :bawling:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
you need grief counciling?

alain

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sad to hear about that...

Good luck.

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
lol, nay on the grief councelling, its just that i had alot of hard work into it. I always thought i would rather see it crushed them someone else driving it lol

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
No doubt..but still, definatly not unavoidable! The USA goes "alright, lets pull a few random wires out of the machine and see what happens". Tim Geitner actually helped in the collapse of Lehman Brothers. He'd been working with the treasury sinse 1988, had billions invested in Lehman and pulled it all right before the collapse, the largest in corporate history. It was bad regulation from the get-go with the Clinton administration and the internet/tech bubble, should have reformed back then. All that shit, short term foreign investements that made this country so rich. Boom, pulled the plug. I could go on forever. Just makes me so mad, they gotta **** around with everyones heads now. /rant
Look on the bright side,well crap,there is no bright side.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
lol, nay on the grief councelling, its just that i had alot of hard work into it. I always thought i would rather see it crushed them someone else driving it lol
Hang in there man,hope a good job falls in your lap soon.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I take it you were working the big oil sands project up there. The price of oil has some far reaching effects most don't know about. Think that just the break even point to process those sands is about $70 a barrel. They stopped a refinery expansion in Detroit. Where I used to work that did a lot of work for up there, they just laided off 25. It's all the little places and shops that lose people that adds up to a million out of work. Good luck in finding some work - and a Ranger replacement when you can.
Dave

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Damn man i'm sorry you had to let her go! I know exactly what you mean. That's how it'll be with my ranger, too much blood and sweat in that thing.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, i done did it. Sold the ranger for $2000 sure i ripped myself off cause it definately was worth more then that. Since its practically the great depression #2, money was getting a little tight for me..yup been out of work since november and i can't even secure a labor job (which is totally unheard of in the oil capital of north america...). Insurance on the f250 is coming up so thats mainly the reason i sold it :bawling:

When i do find some work i'm going to eventually buy either another ranger, or a fullsize ford, be it a bronco or a reg cab short box f-150 (92-96 style). I'll creep TRS and share as much knowledge as i have with RBVs but i have to say, the life of that ranger is still strong and im sure the next owner (a close friend) will treat it with the same bush beating treatment i gave it.

Its sad to not have a ranger anymore :bawling:
at least now when you buy your new one you will really know what you want as i'm sure there are a few things about your truck that you didn't like.

just like with mine
wish it was a supercab, etc.

RedneckSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That sucks man, I wish you the best of luck in finding a job and replacement ranger soon.

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I take it you were working the big oil sands project up there. The price of oil has some far reaching effects most don't know about. Think that just the break even point to process those sands is about $70 a barrel. They stopped a refinery expansion in Detroit. Where I used to work that did a lot of work for up there, they just laided off 25. It's all the little places and shops that lose people that adds up to a million out of work. Good luck in finding some work - and a Ranger replacement when you can.
Dave

very very true, i got laid off in november, even before the effects of the recession were truly felt up here. it didnt start happening until oil was down to 50 bucks a barrel when the layoffs really started happening. My job was to monitor drill rigs (specifically exploration auger rigs) but when oil had hit 75 a barrel they stopped exploring..which got me to where i am today..unemployed lol. Apparently since december atleast 6000 people had lost their jobs up here. Now that oil still hasnt climbed up to 60 a barrel again, that means my environmental technologist position is rather useless considering oil needs to be up to $60+ to even have a job. I'm kinda pissed off that i had to have a job based on the price of oil, however i was making some real good coin when i was working (clearing $10,000 a month) etc. I'm looking at starting an apprenticeship in powerlineman (like my father) or automotive mechanic. Whatever i can get now is better then nothing however :icon_idea:

and yep, its true, there was definately some things about that ranger i didnt like ie) body lift LOL, i always wanted a regular cab too now that i think about it lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals