• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shocks for a 98 4x4 with torsion crank

fknrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi all, I’m hoping someone could point me in the right direction on some shocks. I’m looking for some monotubes to go in my 98 4x4. Im currently on 31’s, nearly maxed factory keys, and 3 inch blocks in the rear (these mainly aiding tired leafs). Within the next year I plan on going up to 33s and installing aftermarket keys I have. I will also replace the rear leafs somewhere in this process. I’ve seen people post on here about running ProComp jeep shocks, as well as ones for an f150, but of course none of these posts have part numbers, and are many years old. I’ve also been looking at the bilstein 5100/5125. If anyone has any recommendations, they are greatly appreciated.

Manscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.5x15
For the front with a lift, these are the ones with the most travel that will definitely clear your CV axles. I have compared lengths to all other options for stock/lifted:
Rancho RS5000X RS55374

There an many options for the rear. I have run the Skyjacker BlackMax with good results. They are non-nitrogen charged, so they really absorb bumps well.
B8541

I also recently swapped over to a set of Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (no Lift) Fox take -offs. These are fantastic! The dampening is so much better. They cost me $50 a pair. I did have to ream out the top mount to 5/8" to fit.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
@fknrngr ,
Call James Duff Enterprise, ask them about their 70/30 shocks and dual 70/30 setups. I have never felt a truck handle better than with dual 70/30's on all 4 corners!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals