• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should I buy it? Have you owned one? What the hell should I do????

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So one of my clients has a ( Isuzu Rodeo Ls, TWIN STICKS, 4x4 ) that she is letting me test drive for 2 weeks and then buy it if I want it. I have had it 3 days now and took it to the car wash today and it cleaned up with amazing results and all I did was run it thru the automatic wash.

It has been sitting at her place for the last 6 months ( with out driving it ) so when my wife and I went over there and I had to jump start it with my ranger and it fired right up and so far the battery is holding a charge.

She has owned it since 2003 but hardly ever drives it because she has her main car and her husband has his car the rodeo was mainly a second vehicle to just drive in case the weather got bad.It has 121,000 with absolutely NO rust any place on the body I mean literally none including the running boards, door jams, fenders,wheel wells etc etc.

The body is in near mint condition along with the paint!! It drives and handles great with no rattles or squeaks, when you let go of the wheel driving 70 mph it keeps going perfectly straight.

I took it to a back road here in town out by the town lagoon and put it in 4x4 hi and had zero issues then I put it in 4x4 low and took it up a VERY steep grassy hill and it climbed right up it.

I looked underneath really good from front to back before I ran it thru the car wash and saw no wet spots or seepage and nothing looked out of place.

The interior is also in great shape and EVERYTHING works as it should including all lights,gauges,dash,etc etc

I checked all the fluids/levels and found nothing suspicious

It has a solid rear axle with coil springs and shocks in the rear. Yes I said coil springs!! ( The ride is amazing for a 4 wheel drive vehicle )

Here is what it has.

V6, 3.2 Liter 205 HP DOHC 24V
5 speed manual tranny
4 wheel ABS
4x4 hi / low
Cruise
tilt
power windows / doors / side view
Ac
running boards
Premium sound
6 disc changer
16 inch wheels
luggage rack
remote key less entry with factory alarm x2

So when my two weeks are up should I buy this thing or what???:dunno:

Here are some pics I took a few hours ago at the car wash in lawrence kansas.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I'd say go for it. I have a buddy that has one theyre nice suvs.

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
For the shape it sounds like its in why not?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
They are wonderful until they need front wheel bearings. Those are getting hard to come by. I have a friend who just got rid of his because he couldn't find the parts to replace the front bearings that it needed for inspection. I think a tone-ring got messed up and that was the big issue, but it was still and expensive proposition either way.

Dan B.

January 2012 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
387 Windsor
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My dad just bought a beater Honda Passport (same as the Isuzu I think). Been running it a few weeks and we are very pleased with it.

Check the frame out. His is nearly as nice as yours but the frame was BAD!! We welded in several patches and saw where others had also been put in.

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If its as good of a car as you make it sound can you really go wrong???

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I believe the 3.2 V6 is known for oil consumption.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have know only 2 people who have owned them since new. My uncle has one still and has over 130,000 mile on it all trouble free and one buddy who has owned his and never had any issues with it after 140,000 miles. I never have drove one so I can't say how they drive. My uncle uses it for camping and taking his boat way out in the boondocks a lot.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I like them, but everyone i have ever found has needed a motor. I have probably checked out 30+ that needed motors. So i won't touch them, but i'm sure it's a maintence thing.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They are wonderful until they need
front wheel bearings
. Those are getting hard to come by. I have a friend who just got rid of his because he couldn't find the parts to replace the front bearings that it needed for inspection. I think a tone-ring got messed up and that was the big issue, but it was still and expensive proposition either way.
Hmmm, Just for shits and giggles I called autozone near me and asked about front wheel bearings and he said they have them in stock and the inner bearing was like 31 bucks and the outer bearing was like 27 bucks.

I can't imagine getting rid of a vehicle because I could not FIND / BUY front wheel bearings are you sure he was talking about front wheel bearings??

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Around me, the ones for sale always need transmissions. My brother bought one with a bad transmission, that came with a new one, but he hasn't gotten around to putting it in.

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
I used to have a 95 Rodeo with the same set up as that one. 3.2L 5spd 4x4. I really liked it. I'd probably still have it now if my wife's brother didn't wreck it. I say get it. :icon_thumby:

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Around me, the ones for sale
always need transmissions
. My brother bought one with a bad transmission, that came with a new one, but he hasn't gotten around to putting it in.
Automatics? / Manuals? / Both? / You don't remember?

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I used to have a 95 Rodeo with the same set up as that one. 3.2L 5spd 4x4. I really liked it. I'd probably still have it now if my wife's brother didn't wreck it. I say get it. :icon_thumby:
:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals