• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Show me you cb set ups

john112deere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/2009
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 / 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i like the set up but the cb is half the size as mine
It's about 2" narrower, as I recall...and that 2" is a big part of the reason I've got a Uniden 68 not a 78 in that truck.

the pa idea is awsome i shoudl lookin to that how muich did that set you back
Cheap. Don't recall exactly, but it was maybe $15-20 at a truck stop. My radio is already set up for it, so all I had to do was mount the speaker under the hood and rout the wiring while I still had everything torn apart.

Doug Metheny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i think i going to go install one on my truck are they waTER PROOF AND CAN BE mounted OUTSIDE? and ya my cb has a pa switch on it

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
i installed mine above the e-brake release, just above my left knee, doesnt get in the way, surprisingly

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I had mine mounted in the dash where the ash tray was too, but then I got a bigger radio that didn't fit in there. I just bolted it to the trans tunnel on the passenger side. It was just a little bolt, not much, did it while I had the trans out.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I had mine mounted in the dash where the ash tray was too, but then I got a bigger radio that didn't fit in there. I just bolted it to the trans tunnel on the passenger side. It was just a little bolt, not much, did it while I had the trans out.

Its down there in front of the seat. nice easy access, not in the way of the passenger's legs.

mconn116

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i pulled out all my ash tray and cigarette lighter stuff that folds down and modded my bracket so it could bolt in to some existing holes that where there, ill get some pics tommorow, btw im running a cobra 29ltd

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can't see a CB on the ceiling between the visors in a Ranger. I feel like I'm cramped enough as it is. Mine is on the ceiling in my B2, but it's behind the front seats.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I can't see a CB on the ceiling between the visors in a Ranger. I feel like I'm cramped enough as it is. Mine is on the ceiling in my B2, but it's behind the front seats.
I'm going to mount mine between the visors. I test fit it, and yea, it was way too far forward and felt like it was right in my face. So I moved it back towards the windshield and used the small holes that are normally used for the microphone clip to mount the CB to the bracket. It fits MUCH better now and it's no more in my face than the rearview mirror is.

It's pretty much the only spot in my truck that allows me to easily see it, reach it, and adjust it while driving. I can't stand installations that don't allow for any one (or all) of those.

Doug Metheny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well i used to drive an 87 camaro and i used to have cb stuck between the seat and the console it worked well for the car but when i get the bucket sewats and console i want for my ranger im going to do the same just stick it in between there so that is also and idea for mounting

mconn116

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
heres mine, just modded my old bracket to make it work, just welded tabs on the sides of the top of the bracket and drilled new holes and used a nut and bolt to mount it through some existing holes that were there, i think it turned out nice, up and outta the way and looks clean

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i shoved mine in between the bottom most part of the dash and the cupholers on my 93 automatic. no drilling or anything. got a PA on the fenderwell and a firestick on the toolbox. prly have pics within a week or so

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cheap Midland radio with a 4' Firestik. Works fine for what I want to do with it.

You can kind of see the antenna on the rack in this pic.

Weston Wagner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1996 Ford ranger. i have a Uniden 510x CB radio mounted under my ash tray and a "wireless" antenna through the back window.

slitko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.2 diesel
Transmission
Manual
i was going to mount my cb above the rearview but my 87 is push button on the roof

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
its nothing big and fancy but it gets the job done and fits nicely there on the center console =) have it wired into the cig lighter there which also has a 4 port connector at the end just incase i need to plug some more things in

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals