• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Small issue with TCC solinoid

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
When I bought the ranger which is an 86, the previous owner installed a newer transmission with the three prong connector. The issue is, is that the 2 prong never fit, so they took the thing apart in an attempt to route it. Though they never hooked it up.

I now have the correct solenoid prong (2 prongs), and I know I got a 12 volt wire and a ground. Red and orange. What I need to know is which one goes where because they broke off the clip. I looked at wiring diagrams with no luck what goes where, but it does state I need these two wires.

First off which side does the power go on ( the red one), and if I mix the wires the wrong way will I burn out the solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I finally found information pertaining to my thread. This solenoid doesn't have any diodes in it. Therefore, there is no proper polarity.

Thanks,
Ross

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals