• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

smoke stacks on ford ranger

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
That diesel ranger in the video looks like it's running like shit. I hate it when idiots do shit like that, just because they think its cool. A properly running diesel smokes very little.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there is a 4.0 jeep rolling around with stacks... i'll take pics of how stupid it is if I ever see it parked.

stacks are dumb.

chaunceymudrat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 ranger
97 ra
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My personal opinion, stacks come with sidemount fuel tanks and a 5th wheel. But man, It,s your truck. Do what ever you want. Even if I don't like it, I'll still tell you something nice about it.

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That diesel ranger in the video looks like it's running like shit. I hate it when idiots do shit like that, just because they think its cool. A properly running diesel smokes very little.
Not entirely true, just because it smokes doesnt mean it is running like shit, it means it needs more Air/Boost to clean up the soot, but sometimes larger turbos dont make sense, such as a street application, turbo lag sucks on the street!!!:icon_thumby:

and the reason that the yellow ranger smokes is because he is lugging the engine to make it smoke, that is entirely intentional

Last edited:

ranger530

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my friend has stacks on his 94 ranger and said it increases the horse power to a good degree...... i think they look sweet..... i would stay away from the chrome ones because after a while they start to get all funky looking at the tips from the heat...

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Even if you had a diesel it would still look stupid IMO. Stacks belong on big rigs, dump trucks, farm equipment, umm that's all. Anything else looks dumb.
I agree, except I think they look cool on big pickups too. Just hate the pickups that only have 1, it looks like they're missing a nut or something. :shok:

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I thought about doing a single vertical exhaust pipe strictly for fording high water. That's what snorkles are for , right ? Decided it would look stupid no matter what the reason.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84/89
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.8lt v6 2.5lt four bangr
Transmission
Automatic
I agree, except I think they look cool on big pickups too. Just hate the pickups that only have 1, it looks like they're missing a nut or something. :shok:
theres a guy at my school with a jacked up toyota dual stacks way taller than the cab looks ugly..

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Stacks look ridiculous on pick-ups of ANY size.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
theres a guy at my school with a jacked up toyota dual stacks way taller than the cab looks ugly..
Point blank, I don't like Toyotas. They're all ugly to me..

THIS big bad bitch looks good to me. It's my friend's truck.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i've seen more videos from it, on r-f i think... and if i remember correctly, that was one of the first times he had run it... it hadn't been tuned properly yet

but yes, a properly running diesel CAN smoke a tremendous amount, depends on the style of the motors, newer "smokeless" motors don't smoke nearly as much, i don't know the difference...

related point: i helped build this car, with a cummins 4bt, this was a licensing run, 200km/h, note the smoke, the car doesn't pull away from the push truck till over 60mph. (official speed was 113mph, however GPS said 198km/h or 123mph)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0EWMXMUq8

i'm in the black shirt, standing behind the driver while he's getting in the car, then i'm leaning in, strapping his feet in... the guy in the red shirt holding the umbrella is my dad, who's the safety chief for the team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIX7rQitfc

I thought about doing a single vertical exhaust pipe strictly for fording high water. That's what snorkles are for , right ? Decided it would look stupid no matter what the reason.
not needed... as long as the engine is running, you won't get water far enough into your exhaust to cause any issues, plus with the bump over the driveshaft, it should work similar to a p-trap in plumbing, but backwards... i've had my exhaust well under water in the past, never had any issues shutting the truck off, and re-starting it

hell i've had my mustang's exhaust underwater before...

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think I even need to comment. Everyone else here has done a fine job.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals