• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spicer Red Label and Proffessional Grade Difference

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I need to order inner tie rods for my truck and I have the option to get Red Label and Professional grade parts. The professional inner tie rod cost almost twice the red label and I wanted to realistically know what the difference is for that much more money. Thanks!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
sounds like the Mechanics Choice (china) brand and the MOOG (USA) brands we carry. the Mec Choice are half the cost and carry a 1 year warranty, while the MOOGs are top of the line and carry a lifetime warranty. Im not familiar with Spicers products, but i would say that one is imported and the other is domestic?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds good, but worth finding out if it's true for the Spicer parts. I did a few minutes of searching because I had never heard of this, and I found a guy that said his red label parts were made in USA.

I have a hard time seeing Spicer tarnishing their brand with junk. If they sold junk, they would do it under a different name.

Go to the store, ask for both boxes, open them and look. That's what I do.

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I work for Dana and we bring stuff in from Brazil to the Marion plant. Then we put it in a marion box to sell. I think it's wrong to do but, oh well.

Most of the time the shit needs rewoked, thats how they get by with saying it was made in the USA

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I work for Dana and we bring stuff in from Brazil to the Marion plant. Then we put it in a marion box to sell. I think it's wrong to do but, oh well.

Most of the time the shit needs rewoked, thats how they get by with saying it was made in the USA
Can you be specific?

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Large companion flanges. I'll see if I can get some part numbers. There are quite a few different parts we do this with.

Almost all the heavy duty parts come from Mexico to the Marion plant to be reboxed.

Allison, Paccar,Volvo, just a few customers that are getting parts from other countries in made in USA boxes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals