• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sport Trac Help/Questions

Bannanatruck02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Guys,
I am toying with the idea of placing new tires/rims on my 2002 ST.... Here's what I have in mind:
1.2" TT in the front
2. 2"Warrior Product #153 Shackles in the Rear
3. swapping my 16x7 for 15x8 and 32"ish tires.
I posted a similar thread a while back- and searched around here a little bit... As far as wheels go, here's what I am thinking: Pro Comp 1069 16x8. Has about 4" of backspace. Or possibly, 15x8 with 4" of backspacing. I've seen guys use cragar soft 8's, I'm a little weary of using a steel rim. Also, for tire dimensions, here's what I was thinking: 32x11.5r15 (or r16 if I go with the procomps.)

Here are my questions/concerns/goals:
1. This will be a vehicle that will see mostly on road driving, but weekend 4wd (nothing way over the top)
2. What backspacing is common would be good for the aftermarket wheels? I've heard of 3.75 being used on the 15x7" rims on various rangers. Also, I've seen a couple other tracs with 15x8, 4" backspacing and 32's on a 2"TT/shackle setup.
3. I would like to avoid "rubbing" issues.
4. How much stress would something like this place on bearings, hubs, u-joints, etc?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals