• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suggestions please

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know this is a ranger forum, and ya'll might get mad at me, but shit happens. I'm thinking about talking to this guy about trading trucks even up. My truck, for this truck http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/1854095704.html An F-350 4x4 flat bed regular cab 5 speed 7.3. One owner and it's worth more in blue book than my truck is, the only downside is 230k miles. But it's basically what I wanted all along before I even found the ranger. But tell me what you think

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2 completely different trucks designed to do 2 completely different types of tasks. go with the one that will suit your needs best.
as for the F350, not that many miles for a good diesel if it's been well maintained... imho.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't waste your money... I don't care how many people say "230k is nothing for a diesel"... there is no way in hell you could get me to buy a diesel with over 130-150k... The engine may last more than 200k, but the rest of the truck probably won't. I suggest you take some more time to look for something with lower miles, but its your choice.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey its still a Ford, do what u need to do

ZackW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Doesn't seem terrible. From what ya can see in those tiny pics, it looks like the cab forward is in pretty nice shape. Don't care much for flatbeds, but a diesel dually is a great truck if you actually have something you need to haul around a lot.

If it's what you always wanted, I say go for it. Just make sure to give it a good look over before finalizing anything. Make sure to check the underneath for corrosion that might be a problem later on. KBB puts that truck around $4800 in fair condition. The Ranger is about $3300 in good.

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Uhg, I want that truck but once I go back to school it's gonna cost me about $60 a week instead of $40 and I'm not going to be working much. But theres a lot you can do to make power in the early strokers and it's a 5 speed so until im making 400hp I wont have to worry about the tranny or clutch. But it looks like its been used to pull a lot and that can mean rear end issues down the road. It's such a hard decision to make for me because if it was well maintained by the owner then it should be fine.

kossdust

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Uhg, I want that truck but once I go back to school it's gonna cost me about $60 a week instead of $40 and I'm not going to be working much. But theres a lot you can do to make power in the early strokers and it's a 5 speed so until im making 400hp I wont have to worry about the tranny or clutch. But it looks like its been used to pull a lot and that can mean rear end issues down the road. It's such a hard decision to make for me because if it was well maintained by the owner then it should be fine.
Doesn't have to be so hard. Call the guy up and talk to him he might not really be into trading straight up

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's such a hard decision to make for me because if it was well maintained by the owner then it should be fine.
Thats a big if though. Its hard to tell how well it was taken care of unless the owner kept all the records on it and even then its kind of a shot in the dark.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Don't waste your money... I don't care how many people say "230k is nothing for a diesel"... there is no way in hell you could get me to buy a diesel with over 130-150k... The engine may last more than 200k, but the rest of the truck probably won't. I suggest you take some more time to look for something with lower miles, but its your choice.
Are you serious? These diesels running over 200k? Ive seen them close to 700k and Ive seen (i know its a totally different class) semi's over 1.2 million miles. As far as the rest of the truck.....I have no idea where you get that. Im not trying to bash your opinion, but what are you basing it off of? We have cars on the road nowadays from the 50s all original, And im not talking about the resto's you see at shows. Time takes is toll on the body not miles, miles affect the mechanical stuff. And most diesels are built for the mechanical stuff to do mechanical things for many miles. The only thing I wouldnt trust ona diesel is the Ford odometer.

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ended up keeping the ranger, wouldn't really be able to have any spending money during the summer and during school its gonna be tight as it is. And as far as ford diesel odometers my dad has a friend that has just over 400k miles on his and its still pulling a 40 foot gooseneck loaded with 20,000 pounds of trees with no problems. If you can't trust a Ford you shouldn't trust any other truck out there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals