• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sup guys, hunting coyotes in cedar city utah

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
nice got another forum with a troll.

i was being serious. and obviously you havnt got a clue on how to hunt coyotes so find yourself a topic you know something about.

and fyi SIP is what you do out of a cup.
You need to develop a sense of humor. You can get worthwhile advice on shooting from other people. Also you can get some advice on whatever game you`re hunting. I think it`s really funny when someone tries to sound like they`re in the `hood or something by using slang. Going by your spelling and way of talking you might need to obtain a dictionary or use spell check.

No, I`ve never hunted coyote but I do hunt...deer, squirrel, groundhog etc. The only way to learn to hunt is get outdoors and spend a lot of time watching and learning. Just please don`t kill wile e. coyote, `cause he`s funny, makes me laugh like you do.:icon_rofl:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not to have an argument, but i had the center point on 30-06. lol when i had the money to get it. lol. it was a nice scope. i could hit a 1000 yd target with it. lol couldnt see bullet holes or anything like that. but when i looked at the target i could see that i did hit it. not a bad shot either from that distance. but my grandpa keeps telling me to get a bushnell. lol. i know i want good quality cuz this is a very good and very accurate rifle. so maybe yeah ill save up to get a good one.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice the troll is back. still doesn't have anything clever to say. and trust me, im no where near trying to talk like im in the hood. yes i was raised in the ghetto of las vegas. but was raised better to act like a fool.

so trust me when i say this. if i was trying to use slang it wouldn't be saying sup.

i also hunt coyote because here in cedar city its a year round game hunt. no permit. and its challenging and competitive. which i like to test myself.

your like the computer hero sitting behind his big desk with a bathrobe 70's style glasses, and ankle warmers. trying to act tuff.

im not, i just wanted to come on here and bs with other guys or girls. about what they and try to LEARN different things.

so do us all a favor and go find another post to troll, maybe some one who is actually being dumb and wants to pick a fight with a internet tuff guy. peace out. hahahahahahahahaha:thefinger:

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Do some scouting first where you want to hunt, look for scat and tracks. A coyote’s sense of smell, sight and hearing are exceptional. Use wind direction to your advantage. Never approach your hunting spot if the wind is going to blow your scent into the area that you expect the coyotes to be in. Even if there is only a slight breeze, coyotes more than a mile away can smell you. You will be busted before you even start. If you can't get into your spot because of poor wind direction it's best to save that hunting location for a later date when the wind will be more favorable. When you do set up, remember that the majority of the time coyotes will attempt to circle downwind of the sound you are using. You will want to be able to see them when this happens. You need to set up where you have shooting opportunities as they circle toward the downwind side.

Your hunt starts the second you park your Ranger. If you think a coyote can see it from where you plan to set up or, from where they might approach, don’t park there. Coyotes are very leery of vehicles so park out of site and downwind from your hunting area. Do not slam the doors; quietly push them shut. You’re dealing with an animal that can hear a mouse squeak from 300 yards away.

Position yourself where you have a backdrop to hide your silhouette up against a bush, tree or on a hillside but not the top of the hill. Coyotes respond calls out of hunger, territorial issues and curiosity. The majority of all coyotes are called in using prey distress sounds. Electronic calls and decoys are nice, decoys give the coyotes some movement to look at besides you. Ecallers move the source of sound away from you, the hunter, but they are expensive. Best advice is to just get a few good handcalls and practice, go out calling in the early morning 20-30 minutes per stand, then move.

Here is my coyote gun, Tikka T3 stainless .243 with Ziess Rapid Z600 scope.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
holy crap thx crawlin. best info yet, and may i add very nice rifle.

i do know about the winds being my enemy, and its may be best to use the cross wind if you can. didnt know about the car thing. or that they can hear a mouse squeak from that distance. crazy. hahahaha. ill do my best the next time i go out. its getting a lil chilly here in cedar city utah so they will be more active in the morning in my case. cuz i have horrible night vision.

thx crawlin.

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Crawlin that's pretty good advice. I didn't know how experienced or inexperienced the OP is at hunting but I think that could get even the most stubborn city boys to bag one.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lmao are you callin me a city boy. hahahaha. i lived in yuma az for 4 years. lol they called my a city boy there too. only cuz i got my bronco 2 stuck in the field mud.

btw im not all city. i do hunt and fish. fishing is my fav tho. i love catchin me some trout. german brown and rainbow are my fav to eat.

idk if you can count cedar city as country but it seems like it.

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
On post #18, The two little green fingers sticking up....Let Me guess...Your I.Q.? You need to lighten up, learn how to take a joke. And for goodness sake, larn how to speeeel. And no, I ain`t got ankle warmers on... I just took `em off.

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
lmao are you callin me a city boy. hahahaha. i lived in yuma az for 4 years. lol they called my a city boy there too. only cuz i got my bronco 2 stuck in the field mud.

btw im not all city. i do hunt and fish. fishing is my fav tho. i love catchin me some trout. german brown and rainbow are my fav to eat.

idk if you can count cedar city as country but it seems like it.
No not calling you a city boy at all. I don't know you. Just saying that was how good his advice is.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol. its all good mpranger.

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Well with all this advice be sure and let us know how you did. Be sure and post pics of your kill.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok will do. i might have a day off monday. ill go scout a good spot on a hill over looking a nice long flat area.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals