• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

superduty tow hooks

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
im looking for a set of polished aluminum tow hooks or stainless works for the front of my dads superduty i know you guys have seen them, but i cant find them online or who makes them. i have seen them in magazines. if you know or can think of them let me know. for an 06 superduty, there are kind of claw shaped and stick out a bit let me know thanks

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
why cant you get some from a dealership? I mean besides being way overly priced. Why didnt it have tow hooks on it in the first place?

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
it has cheapy factory chrome ones on it now and they are rusting, this is a really nice polished out truck i have put together for my dad when i get pictures i will post.

people most not have anything else to do besides read stuff and make stupid remarks!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_43865_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

Something like that?

Personally I would get more stock ones, they are alot stronger and more usefull than the generic ones you get, unless you are just going for looks. Ford towhooks are rated for the max the truck can weigh while towing a trailer, that is a fair amount of weight for a Superduty, a Ranger can max out the ones shown getting a good tug.

They really shouldn't be rusted already, if it is bad you might take it back to the dealer as it should still be under warrentee.

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
these are for an 06 they go in the front bumper if youve seen the front of a super duty you will know what im talking about yeah we are going for looks this thing will never need pulled out too much money into it. just got done with dvd/navigation system last weekend thanks though

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
those will work thanks

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
TOW HOOKS ARE NOT LOAD RATED.
haha, how much weight can you put on aluminum tow hooks?

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
i hope you are smart enough to understand they are for looks dumb a$$:thefinger:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i hope you are smart enough to understand they are for looks dumb a$$:thefinger:
Aren't we just screaming for assistance. Spending that much money on something completly inadaquate just for looks probably isn't what most people would call smart.

Honestly if they think they are worth over $100 a pop and ARE NOT sutible for towing they better be gold plated, rather than chrome plated or just polished aluminum.

The ones you are taking off the truck are 10x the tow hook these are, and are probably cheaper than that new from the dealer.

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
read the rest of the post you dumb $hit from top to bottom i didn't understand how many of you are actual morons

well when you have a superduty with around 80g's in it and that is totally polished out cheap chrome does not do it the wheels on this truck are a grand a piece probably worth more than most your trucks ive prob got more money in my pocket than you would have in your bank account hard for you to understand i bet

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
read the rest of the post you dumb $hit from top to bottom i didn't understand how many of you are actual morons
only the guys paying $250 for a set of tow hooks 'just for show'

hey dude, waste your money on whatever worthless shit you want, just dont try to use them for anything other than looking at them

wait... your username is tubed98 but you have an 85 yota? and your on a ranger forum looking for information about fullsize trucks? wow... who exactly is the dumb shit?

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
ive had my share of rangers dumb fuk just look in the gallery my 98 ranger was prob nicer than anything youll ever own i was a trs member way before you were thought of being born your only 20 grow up dude get a sack while your at it i think your mom is calling you needs the trash taken out and start the laundry ohh the bathroom needs cleaned while your at it

i wipe my ass with 1's, smoke my joints with 20's and snort my coke with 100's money aint a thing but jealousy

Last edited:

tubed98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
Transmission
Manual
just keep your mouth shut if you haven't seen the hooks then dont reply its that simple ill think of another way to explain it so your short bus ridin a$$ can understand it better probably sound more like this for you a duh duh duh ok

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals