• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tahuya in Washington 8-29-09

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Me and JFA_Spyderman met up today and headed out to Tahuya (try and say "out to Tahuya" 10 times fast :icon_rofl:)

It was a good day for a run! I got some pictures, I know he did too. Tahuya isn't super challenging, just kinda fun to go screw around for the day.

So, onto the pics (some have descriptions under them):

Grant's Ranger

My Ranger

Grant coming over the hill

Flexxing in some ruts

I think my TTB flexes pretty well for only having 3" lift springs, and no other mods (to the front).

Grant playing on some hill climbs

I thought this one and the next were kinda cool

When I dropped my friend off, we decided to throw the tires from my Ranger onto his B2300 to see what it did. I quickly put the 33's back on my Ranger!!!

It used to be a 2wd, but he has converted it to 4wd, with a manual tranny/ t-case. I think it looks bad ass with those tires! The truck is bone stock suspension wise (it has 4wd suspension, etc) and those are 33x12.5's, and only rub a little on the bumper valance and back of the front fender. A little trimming will solve it. He has to findd his own tires though, :icon_rofl:.

Last edited:

DisturbedESV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Looks good!! He definately needs 31s or 33s asap.... hopefully next time I can come say hi!

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
love the pics! wish i had some rangers to play with,im stuck with jeeps:bawling: lol!

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
Yeah, those look good, when I get home, I'll put up the pics i got. I am bummed, I forgot to bring my wifes hi-def video recorder, we could have had some nice movies. Oh well, next time.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah, when we were swapping out the wheels/ tires, I figured out that my balljoints and wheel bearings are TOAST! I knew my wheel bears have been kinda bad for a while, and they aren't really horrible, but they definitely needed to be changed (never buy Chinese wheel bearings and rotors). And I've also known that the balljoints have had some play in them and would need to be replaced.
But when we swapped the wheels, I noticed the balljoints literally let the knuckle move up and down a 1/4"... The truck is being parked until I change them.

I'm thinking about getting a D44 TTB and extending each beam 1" (to get it to the fullsize width) and slap it under there. I like the look of FS axles, I think it will help stability, better wheel bearings, better components, and better brakes, and it is pretty easy! Then I'll get a D44 or 9" for the rear (my friend with the B2300, has the TTB, D44, and 9"!).

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey...I'm thinking about an October trip up there. We should get a group wheelin' thread goin'.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah! I know I will be busy at least 1 weekend in October (not sure which, but probably one of the first 2), but that would be fun!

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
love the pics! wish i had some rangers to play with,im stuck with jeeps:bawling: lol!
I hope people don't consider my truck a jeep :annoyed: haha

Nice pics guys. Looks like a fun place to play around, good scenery.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals