• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tastey recipes!

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
ok after a convo in the chat I thought i would start a recipe thread!

I will start with my mothers homemade "HOT COCO"

1 BOX OF CARNATION INSTANT MILK (1LB 9OZ)
1 BOX NESTLE QUICK (2LB)
1 BOX POWDERED SUGAR (1lb bag work great)
1 JAR CREMORA (1LB)

MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER IN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER (STORES INDEFINITELY) MAKES 3-4 QUARTS OF DRY MIX. JUST ADD 2 HEAPING TABLESPOONS TO A "COFFEE" CUP OF HOT WATER. ENJOY!

OK guys post yours up!

Last edited:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Simple one that I like.

Tuna Melts.

-Take a can of tuna and mix it with three tablespoons of miracle whip
- Put it on a piece of bread and stick a cheese slice on top of it
- Broil it on low setting until the cheese just begins to melt

Remove from oven and enjoy.

I have a great spaghetti sauce recipe too somewhere if I can remember it.

Last edited:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
here is the set from the premium member lounge:
Here's a Bar-B-Que Bean recipe for you guys. Some of you guys that have been to my house for trailrides may have had these. Always been a crowd favorite.

I can go a week on these things.

Ingredients:

(1) pound ground beef
(2) 1-pound cans of pork-n-beans
(1) green bell pepper chopped
(1) large onion chopped (I make mine with about a tablespoon of onion powder instead)
(6) tablespoons of bacon bits
(1) cup of BBQ sauce (I like the honey BBQ myself)
1/2 cup of brown sugar

How To:

Brown the ground beef with the onion and then drain all the fat. Put the ground beef and remaining ingredients in to a crockpot and simmer.

The beef's already cooked, so basically your warming up the beans and everything else and cooking the green pepper to soften it up. The longer it simmers, the better the flavor. If you let it simmer for a while, make sure your crock pot is on low so you don't burn it.

If your making this for more than (2) people you may want to double the recipe.

If anyone tries it and likes it, let me know.

Who's going to post up the next recipe?
Tonight is my crock pot chicken cacciatore. Easy and cheap.

1 pkg of four chicken thighs
2 or 3 Italian sausage links, cut into pieces about 2" long
1/2 green bell pepper cut into strips, or a whole pepper if you like them a lot
1 jar of thick spaghetti sauce or 2 cups of homemade (I use my homemade)
1 cup of red wine
A few shakes of parmesean cheese

Brown the chicken and sausage. Put everything into the crock pot. After two hours on high, take out the chicken, remove skin and bones, and put the meat back into the crock pot. Another two hours on high. Serve over pasta. Or cook it on low for double the time, that's what I did today, threw it all together before I left for work.

Me and onions don't get along so I leave them out. If you like onions then chop up a small one and add to everything else.
Still tweaking this one a bit but it's getting better.

Homemade Philly Cheese Steaks

Needed:
Flatiron steak (I use about a pound but the amount depends on the amount of people)
A chopped onion
A chopped red bell pepper
White American Cheese

Process:
We got a meat slicer recently so we can cut the meat super thin, it's better that way but cutting it into quarter inch strips by hands works well too.

Take the onion and bell pepper and sautee in a little bit of cooking oil. Set aside.
Take the meat and throw it into a preheated skillet on medium-high until the meat is brown. Turn the heat down to medium-low and drain off most of the grease, but leave a little.
Add the peppers and onion back into the meat and cover with a lid to steam on low heat. Don't let sit for more than 10 minutes.
Spread everything out evenly and lay the American Cheese slices over the meat in a layer. Put lid back on.
After 3 minutes, turn the skillet off, remove lid and serve.
One of my favorite foods is more like an appetizer/snack food during football season.

I call them Duck Wraps (however, duck can be substituted for beef or whatever meat you prefer). I only make them during football season since it is also duck hunting season.

Take several duck breasts and cut them into approximate one inch cubes. Season with whatever; little salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.

Get a large bag of fresh jalapenos. Cut the tops off, then cut them in half lengthwise. De-seed and devein if you do not like a lot of heat.

Put the duck meat in the jalapeno shell (which is one half of a jalapeno since they were cut in half). Take one slice of bacon (thick or thin, whatever you prefer), and wrap the jalapeno and duck meat with the bacon.

Take wooden skewers and start stacking all of the "duck wraps" on to them.

Once you're out of meat and they're all done and sittin' on the skewers, put them on the BBQ. I don't remember exactly long to put them on, but usually once the bacon is starting to get crispy, the duck meat should be about done.

You can eat them hot, right off the BBQ. However, I think they're better just warm/cooled down.

I'm hungry now. :icon_twisted:

Haha, hope you guys enjoy.
Really easy very delicious, take zip-top bag place 2-4 steaks in it and poor in 1-2 beers depending on size, and put in a few tablespoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning in the bag seal for 24 hours in the fridge, grill to desired done-ness add some potatoes wrapped in tinfoil on the grill, and you have a great campfire dinner.
Get a porterhouse fresh from the market(I live 3 min. away from one:D). Then all I use, and only use, is Famous Dave's Steak and Burger Rub. Lay a generous spread on both sides of the steak(or burger), rub it in, and throw her on the propane grill(charcole isn't really smiled upon in town).

Out of all the spices I own, this one is off the charts fantastic. It tastes so good and it brings out the best flavor in steaks and burgers. It puts a nice crust flavor on the steak that just makes it melt in your mouth. I don't know what Dave puts in it, but he hit it on the head.
For those of you who want to try this...

10 Lbs of Kalbi (beef ribs sliced lenghwise) or more if you can afford it...
1 or 2 Bottles of Hoisin sauce or low salt Soya Sauce
1/2 to 1 cup BROWN sugar...not white...just because...
5 to ten shallots or green onions chopped into tiny rings...
Sesame seeds (handful or two)

You can use more or less of the beef ribs as needed, but I always make way more than I expect because these things disappear faster than any food...you can count on it...unless you're living with Vegetarian Monks in a Monastary...

Pour the bottle of soya sauce (always use the low sodium/salt variety because the meat gets too salty and tough) into a large bowl and mix in brown sugar, shallots but do not add the sesame seeds till the meat is ready to cook.

The meat can be marinated a few ways, but it should be refrigerated for at least four hours (I leave mine longer) before cooking. You can either spread the meat out in shallow pans and pour the marinade sauce on them or just toss everything into a huge bowl(s) and work the marinade into the meat with your hands (do NOT lick your fingers...)

Once the meat is ready, barbeque them over a low flame for about four minutes per side...the meat is really thin so it cooks fast and is best eaten medium-well...higher heat and longer turns them crispy black really quick...especially if you're entertaining scantilly clad women and drinking...don't get distracted...the meat is worth your attention...and the girls will throw themselves at you afterwards anyways...

Since most people don't have large barbeques, you can try two of them if available, but you've gotta be quick...otherwise, keep a large platter and some foil or other covering to keep them warm while they cook...you can also heat them up later if necessary in an oven...or use a large cookie sheet in the barbeque...

Now...to serve these...they are best eaten with large bowls of sticky rice and kim chee or other salads...and if you happen to go with the kim chee, you should also go with the rice because the kim chee is hot and the rice cools the tongue better than a jug of beer...

Just one caveat...there are small bones in the ribs and they are not to be eaten...dogs love them...and they are good for their teeth...but they are also sharp so if Bowser is not a chewer, he may end up with a slight problem from sharp bones...but my dog loved them and lived for many years...

Enjoy~!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Who needs a recipe when there's bacon?. see bacon thread.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i made the greatest grilled cheese the other day

Ultimate Grilled Cheese :

2 Slices White Bread
1 Slice Thick-Cut Mozzerella
Butter
Garlic Salt

Butter one side of each piece of White bread , then apply a liberal amount of garlic salt , put in pan with one slice of Mozz. Cheese , toast until the bread is just browned and the cheese is melted. Enjoy the Garlic Bread and Mozz. goodness !

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals