• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Black Bomb

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Found my lean running problem too. Need a new gas cap. No air is being vented into the tank to take up the space that the fuel used to be.

Just as a reminder, if you hear a whooshing or hissing noise when removing the gas cap, you most likely have a stuck cap vent.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
This is what happens when your alternator dies.

On a side note. The bomb is getting two new front tires and rebuilt alternator thanksgiving weekend.

Also still looking for prices on a FS D44, 300 I6 and a matching 5spd with t-case.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Also still looking for prices on a FS D44, 300 I6 and a matching 5spd with t-case.
And what are you going to put the 300 I6 into? The F100? Unless you want to swap it into the ranger. And last time I checked the engine bays on rangers weren't long enough to handle a motor that long without a lot of engine set back. And unless you want to try to fabricate a new firewall, which would be a interesting thought, it would be more hassle than its worth.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Update time again.

Been sorta busy trying to get my buddies Bronco 2 ready for the crusher and setup his other one for a drivetrain. The weather isn't helping much either. Winter plans include graduating from UTI, moving all the stuff from my apartment and back with my parents, getting a job and working too and starting my f-100 4x4 swap. Might even fix up the Ranger a bit.

Tomorrow, finishing parting the Bronco 2 then crushing it a little before the junkyard. Will be on video.

Winter plans:
New windshield, Power doors, new cab side panel, refinished bars and new fuel sender/pump. Edit: Also paint job and bodywork.

Last edited:

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
YAH, paint...whats the scheme you plan on doing?

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
YAH, paint...whats the scheme you plan on doing?
Just a normal black paint job.

Updates:

Fixing a 1990 Ford f-250 next sunday. I believe it is the cats causing it to stall when brakes are applied.

Week after Christmas: The rack body is getting the front end finished, the F-100 might get it's new front end and should have my buddy's other Bronco out of my garage.

Job hunt might turn out good, but I most likely will be working with my buddy. (the owner of the BroncoII that wanted it crushed)

Ranger will be on the road after New Years for insurance purposes and less mileage on my Chevy.

jhammel85

Just a normal black paint job.

Updates:

Fixing a 1990 Ford f-250 next sunday. I believe it is the cats causing it to stall when brakes are applied.

Week after Christmas: The rack body is getting the front end finished, the F-100 might get it's new front end and should have my buddy's other Bronco out of my garage.

Job hunt might turn out good, but I most likely will be working with my buddy. (the owner of the BroncoII that wanted it crushed)

Ranger will be on the road after New Years for insurance purposes and less mileage on my Chevy.
Sounds like you've got some plans! Food for thought though...I'd have to wonder if the F250 is stalling because something's wrong with the torque converter.:icon_thumby:

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like you've got some plans! Food for thought though...I'd have to wonder if the F250 is stalling because something's wrong with the torque converter.:icon_thumby:
Every instructor at school has told me something different. The last I heard, was a melted cat can do that. Depending on the class, it's been the brake booster(brakes class), Torque converter(auto trans class), and the cat. I am going to get a second opinion from my current teacher.

jhammel85

lol, yeah that doesn't help does it? I'd be curious to see how you make out

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Talked to my instructor. Says it sounds like a brake booster diaphragm got ripped or a bad check valve (the little plastic vacuum fitting thing). I will find out on Sunday hopefully.

Decided the Bomb is going to be used as "fun non-work" transportation after new years.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
New update. I know it's been a while but not much has happened. The truck is not insured again due to my insurance dropping me and having to get a new policy elsewhere.

Currently driving my Chevy which is getting stuff done that should have been done a while ago.

Also looking for a 1964/65(only) Mustang project. PM me if you have one for sale under 3500.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Will know this weekend if I get my Mustang. After that, modification will start.

Plans:
-Leveling kit
-Get new leafs and add-a-leaf
-New exhaust. Replacing glasspack with another cat and will exit before rear tire. Wonder if it will pass emissions this year with it.
-new brakes and axle seals. Might do bearings just because.
-new fluids in trans and transfer
-head gaskets. only sips a little bit of coolant so I am not worried right now. OR
-Winter, engine overhaul.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Will know this weekend if I get my Mustang. After that, modification will start.

Plans:
-Leveling kit
-Get new leafs and add-a-leaf
-New exhaust. Replacing glasspack with another cat and will exit before rear tire. Wonder if it will pass emissions this year with it.
-new brakes and axle seals. Might do bearings just because.
-new fluids in trans and transfer
-head gaskets. only sips a little bit of coolant so I am not worried right now. OR
-Winter, engine overhaul.
good to see you on dude, havent seen you since 2 winters ago when you got ur chebby stuck in the snow haha.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
good to see you on dude, havent seen you since 2 winters ago when you got ur chebby stuck in the snow haha.
I never get stuck, only delayed. :thefinger:
Hows it been?

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals