• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Now that's a CZ I could learn to like.
I'll tell you what, that is one damn comfortable gun. It fits my hand like a glove, doesn't weigh a whole lot and is well balanced. Out of everything Ive researched on line about them, I'd say 99% of it was postive. The testing they have to go through for NATO is hell. I can't wait to shoot it :headbang:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I'll tell you what, that is one damn comfortable gun. It fits my hand like a glove, doesn't weigh a whole lot and is well balanced. Out of everything Ive researched on line about them, I'd say 99% of it was postive. The testing they have to go through for NATO is hell. I can't wait to shoot it :headbang:
Sounds like a nice gun. I want a range report in two weeks...:D
________
Buy Vaporizers

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
For those of you that know guns well. What's the difference between an AKM, AK-47, GP WASR-10.

From what I've been able to tell the AKM is a slightly upgraded AK-47. The WASR-10 is the same thing as an AKM. It also seems that they can all use the same accessories. Is this correct?

93ranger420

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
For those of you that know guns well. What's the difference between an AKM, AK-47, GP WASR-10.

lol there is no difference they are all shit, sry just had to add that i like American made.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
American made is fine, but... I want something that is semi auto, fires 7.62x39 ammo, is reliable, fun to shoot, can fire more than 5-10 rounds before having to reload, and I can get fairly cheap. If you know of something American made that meets all of these then please let me know.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual

From what I've been able to tell the AKM is a slightly upgraded AK-47. The WASR-10 is the same thing as an AKM. It also seems that they can all use the same accessories. Is this correct?
Correct. The AKM is a modernized AK-47. The GP WASR-10 is a Romanian AKM. All should accept most AK parts, and any mags.

An SKS (modified for high cap mags) would be a cheaper choice, but not by much. Accuracy would be greater than an AK. Plus there are plenty of aftermarket parts to trick them out.

Can't go wrong with either one. And ignore the "they're all shit" comment... They may not be as accurate as the AR's, but they pack a punch, and they are extremely reliable/rugged. There isn't much stopping me from getting an AK. Just the fact that an M1 carbine is ahead of it in line, as it's the finishing touch to my WW2 U.S. rifle collection. Hopefully I can grab one before they're banned...
________
Toyota Corolla E120 Specifications

Last edited:

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

rocketrotary

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
They're all shit? That's why, during the Vietnam war, American soldiers would abandon their M-16s in favor of AK's, right? The only reason they stopped doing that is because an AK has a distinct sound that ended up causing friendly fire incidents. You can bury an AK in the mud loaded, dig it up 30 years later, and it'll still fire. It's just a good, reliable, and dead simple to use assault rifle. It's really tough to beat. Me personally, I would like to play with the XM-8

OldJunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l V6 (Home Rebuild!) 2100 motorcraft carb
Transmission
Manual
They're all shit? That's why, during the Vietnam war, American soldiers would abandon their M-16s in favor of AK's, right? The only reason they stopped doing that is because an AK has a distinct sound that ended up causing friendly fire incidents. You can bury an AK in the mud loaded, dig it up 30 years later, and it'll still fire. It's just a good, reliable, and dead simple to use assault rifle. It's really tough to beat. Me personally, I would like to play with the XM-8
This is correct, when all other weapons have jammed/fail to feed, otherwise inoperable, the AK47/74 will continue to operate, with NO maintanence. They will put up with crap no other weapon could dream of.

93ranger420

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
American made is fine, but... I want something that is semi auto, fires 7.62x39 ammo, is reliable, fun to shoot, can fire more than 5-10 rounds before having to reload, and I can get fairly cheap. If you know of something American made that meets all of these then please let me know.
yea its called a m14 20 rounds of .308 will get you some, or a mini 30, just like a mini 14 but shoots 7.62x39, they make alot of rifles chambered in 7.62x39 even alot of ar's. id rather have that then .223 anyway hell of alot cheaper and cant go wrong with a .30 cal round.

93ranger420

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea you can with alot of rifles and guns, i wouldnt buy anything ak unless is made in russia, everything else is just shit, only reason ak's are popular is because it was mass produced and its the "norm" when talking about assault rifles, they dropped their shitty m16s because they were pron to jam and were shit when they first came out, prob dropped them for the great rem 700 :) one shot pop.

93ranger420

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
forgot to add, if you really want a ak type rifle, saiga makes a very nice sportized ak, shoots .308 or 7.62x39 brand new and made in russia, they go for about 300. check out gunsamerica.com or gunbroke.com, i have looked into getting one of these, they only come with 5 round mags i think, but there is now companys here that make 30rd hi cap mags for them, just find a FFL dealer and order one online, most of them come with hi cap mags from a gun shop anyway, that saiga company also makes a hell of a semi auto shotgun, 12 gauge 10rds i think, they had some youtube vids of running them over and draging them through mud and shit and picking them up cocking and firing just to show durability. I think the shotgun is around 600 thought.

Draxus

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So im thinking of a ruger mini 14, does everyone like em, or can you think of something better in the same price range. Also was thinking about an sks as they are like $300 are they good or just throw aways

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals