• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The kids of today

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
So today after work my best friend comes over (its his birthday :beer:) and we head back to his place in his new 84 Camaro Berlinetta which he just picked up about 2 months ago. The car is in PRIME condition, not a spot of rust or body fill on the thing.

So were driving up the road just about to get to his house and to our left there are 3 little kids flippin us the bird....Don't think too much of it and keep on driving, as soon as we are driving by them all we hear is a whole lotta loud bangs. My buddy slams on the breaks and we see teh 3 little punks just running for all their worth down this dirt driveway. Slam the car into reverse then first(may have left marks haha) just planked the car down the driveway till the end which led to a field on our left. slam the car in park, my friend goes chasing after the kids and me being the person that will not run unless its to save my life, decided it would be a good idea to watch the car.

Few moments later I see my buddy walk though the field with one kid and tells me to meet him on the road, where we made the kid(the oldest of the 3 was 14!) take us to his house where we talked to his mom and got the info of the other 2 kids and called up one of their moms and told her what just went down. So after we get all the info we can, we head back to his place and let the police know. They show up about 5 mintues after the other 2 parents do to take a look at the car(after all it was just pelted with 3 hand-fulls of rocks.

Now this is the best part, the 14 year old kid finally shows up after his mom rips into him on the phone telling him to get his little *** up to my friends house. He shows up and right in front of the cop gives his mom attitude and then the cop tells him to smarten up and behave.....Now if I'm a 14 year old kid, I'd be scared shitless....This guy starts to give the cop attitude and swore at him! So me, my buddy and the cop are just about ready to flatten the kid on the spot. So he takes him aside and shows him the car and says "This here is the problem and your part of it. Now smarten up!"

Me and my friend were talkign to the cop after everyone left and he said to us and I quote "I would have loved to f***ing cuff that little brat right there and take him in for being such a dick" We also later found out that said cop IS going to pick up him tomorrow and show him what juvy is like.

So when the shops open up tomorrow I have to take the car in for my friend and see how much its goign to cost to take a nice big dent out of the door and repaint it along with the whole rear quarterpanel.

Here are some pictures I took while we were talking to the kids mom after he showed us where he lived. The damage doesn't look bad in the pcitures but I have a feeling its going to cost quite a bit, theres some nice size dents that didn't show up in the pictures as well....And that car was repainted shortly before my friend bought the car..

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I just don't get why some people are motivated to do things like that. It just downright puzzles me. :icon_confused: Kinda sucks that this had to happen on your friend's b-day.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hard to tell from the pics,but i'd say $600-1000 to repair,repaint and blend.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hopefully the kids get what they deserve, and their parents continue the punishment. Pretty sure if a cop had to show up to resolve an issue with my kids (in the future) and they had done something like that, I'd make sure they didn't do anything other then chores and homework for a good couple months, no cell/internet/tv etc and at home every minute they weren't in school....

Alot of the youth of today (sadly I can say this at only 23) have no thoughts of the consequences of their actions. I'd make'm pay.....

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
The part that really bothers me is even with the cops involved, all the kids get is a tiny slap on the wrist(too bad it wasn't the good ol days where we could have gave them a little piece of our minds before the cops got to em.)

I know when I was young we did stupid stuff, but nothing like this...I swear the stuff kids do now is actually stupid...If that makes any since?

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Makes me wish things were like the old days where all problems were solved by a couple knowledgeable folk called Smith & Wesson...

ranger in training

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0/302
Transmission
Automatic
i was riding horses past some people house one day and some kids were shooting off fire crackers and stuff. it may have been very stupid on my part but they stoped with the firecrackers and lite off a probably m80 and spooked my horse to were i fell off. well i got right back up and ran after the kid that lite it off and i nailed him in the face. my horse ran off and my friend went after it on his.

this is just one things thats happined to people out by my house. im only fifteen but i hold my self accountable to be as respectfull as i can. but that plain pissed me off.

that really sucks that those kids are so dissrespectfull as to throw rocks as a car. idk about you guys buy i would just admire the craftsman ship and time it took to build a car that nice.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sorry to hear about this, man. I never did anything to trash personal property, and neither did my friends.

Damn shame.

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i was riding horses past some people house one day and some kids were shooting off fire crackers and stuff. it may have been very stupid on my part but they stoped with the firecrackers and lite off a probably m80 and spooked my horse to were i fell off. well i got right back up and ran after the kid that lite it off and i nailed him in the face. my horse ran off and my friend went after it on his.

this is just one things thats happined to people out by my house. im only fifteen but i hold my self accountable to be as respectfull as i can. but that plain pissed me off.

that really sucks that those kids are so dissrespectfull as to throw rocks as a car. idk about you guys buy i would just admire the craftsman ship and time it took to build a car that nice.
Its great you were able to pop the kid in the face. You're lucky you're 15 cuz otherwise you would have had to let the law or their parents handle it.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dam i think i saw some fiberglass damage in the second pic little brats. hope they get what is coming to them and more

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
you and your buddy have more restraint than i, if it had happened to me i don't think i'd have been able to wait for the cops to handle it.

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i sure as hell wouldnt have been able to restrain myself..a punk of a 14 year old is just a 21 year old that cant throw a good punch...like the Brantley Gilbert song kickin it in the sticks says..."dont mess around with other boys women thats a damn good way for a man to get it whupped down here" a nice muscle car is a fine woman...touch it in a vile way and i will defile you...with a bat...violently....and it will not be pleasant lol

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
It took a lot of power to not just beat the living poop right out of them. But with us being 20 and the one that my buddy got in the field being like 12 we would have got in more trouble then they ever would for just throwing rocks.

Their parents were pissed, and I mean mad. Most of the kids looked like they came from low income families so for them to cough up the money for the repairs is going to be interesting. And I'm just leaving now to find what its going to run to get the car fixed.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I was about 12 my friends and I decided to do an experiment on how glass shatters, and well it ended up we wanted to experiment on a moving target. Well needless to say we tried it on a car with a rock, and busted a windshield. Well I got my behind tore up, by the nieghbpr we did it too, the other nieghbpr saw it and tore me up, (and my firend), then I got to my house with the nieghbors towing me and my buddy. Dad promptly called Shauns mom she came over, called his dad, My dad got me shauns dad got me shauns mom got me and the same happened to shaun. We had to mow the nieghborhoods grass for free for 2 summers, after we had the deputies come out and threaten us too, I soo thought we were going to prison at the ripe age of about 12, Now 15 yrs later I don't throw rocks.... well maybe into a pond

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
hard to tell from the pics,but i'd say $600-1000 to repair,repaint and blend.
You sir are good..$750 bucks.

Cops have a printout of the estimate they took pictures of the damage today as well. So now we have to give the 3 families copies of the estimate and see what they and my friend work out from there.

When I was talking to the cop today that was taking the pictures he said that last year there was a guy up on the overpass (right where this happened) that was throwing pumpkins off it at cars:icon_surprised:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals