• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thinking of getting some treadwrights

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was looking at getting some Wild country RXT's then I saw the price of treadwrights and it made me like them. $89 per mud tire (on sale) how can you go wrong there? Unless there crap ofcoarse. I live in Florida and it gets pretty hot on the roads down here so i've been a little apprehensive about getting retreads. I'm kind of scared they might come apart. Is there anyone that lives in a hot climate area that could maybe give me some info of how they perform in the heat?

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well I live in frigid Canada so I can't help you there. But from what its worth I'm getting treadwrights...everything I have read (which is alot) has been good about them. I wouldn't worry

nate09

Reaction score
ive got them on my truck, have for the past 9k miles or more. it may not get triple digit hot but 90 degrees is pretty warm. i love them, and the price is great. retreads made these days are of a much higher quality than those of the past.

bahndrvr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I ran the 285' MTR lookalikes for about 10k with NO problems here in the Melbourne area on my Toyota - get them If I don't go for 35's I'll get another set of them for the Ranger:)

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
these aren't like the old 'retreads' where new tread was glued onto the old bias ply cords. the Treadwright's are completely remolded tires. i've had mechanics look at mine real close trying to figure the tread style and the Michelin name on the sidewall, lol. i explain what they are and how much they cost and they have all been amazed and some have even gotten the website from me to buy some themselves.
i've had my AT's for 4 years and they still have over 75% of the tread left after no fewer than 3 1600+ mile trips and many more miles of daily driving. i luv 'em!! doing a thread search, i've never seen any negative comments about them from people who actually have them on their trucks. lots of guys like to bash them because they are "retreads", but they've never actually had them on any of their trucks. makes no sense to me. anyway, i plan to keep buying them if these tires ever wear out! just my $.02.

Last edited:

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm gettin me some 31/10.5/15 guard dogs! since I can afford mud tires with that.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I plan on getting a set of 31x10.50r15 TreadWright ATs for my truck here in the next couple of weeks. $79.25 per tire is hard to argue with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals