• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

This is so WRONG!!

michowski

Reaction score
What a waste of money. A perfectly good truck that probly still got double the mpg of any heavy duty truck now that looked really clean with no rust just killed for no reason. That mechanic sounded like a douche as well. I bet it dont last no 30 seconds.

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
conspiracy

:bawling: :pissedoff: torn between emotions! I believe the cash for clunkers is just another government conspiracy to get every one green....even thought they seem to be killing the vehicles that get 19+ MPG. Kinda stupid if you ask me. I watched an explorer get destroyed.....it was so sad.

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
yeah going green aint all its cracked up to be. whats funny is all the parts from china it takes to build a green car, are made in factories with no monitoring and they pollute 1000 times as much as a so called clunker. also our government (who i work for) if they were really worried about saving gas they would start building diesel cars and selling them like every other countries. both times i have been deployed i have found it hard to find a gasoline powered car. most countries i have been to in africa, at the gas stations they have like 8 diesel pumps and only one gas pump. i dont feel bad about these cars being trashed, i have seen other vehicles fair much worse because of stupid people. atleast it died screaming revs like it should!

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I kind of got emotional watching that....like a pain in my chest.

So sad.

:bawling:

PFC Laird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
352FE
Transmission
Automatic
that ranger showed that jackass....5 seconds turned into 5 minutes pretty damn quick.

i'm going to go hug my ranger now.

my 2.3 has over 200k miles on it and i get 30mpg on the highway. i would never do this to it.

i enjoy passing priuses and blowing my non-catted exhaust on them.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That's the first time I actually watched the process of a car being killed. That's just sick.

Otto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Stupid free market capitalism and shitty unregulated global production. Governments are the worst. Don't catylic converters make for something like 95% of pullutants into carbon dioxide? They freakin GROW trees. All this really does is destroy the oil market and we all get $4500 off a Japanese sewing machine. Awesome

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
What was wrong with the truck to begin with? Bet he bought a prius or smartcar. Why would you be proud of destroying something that did so much for you. I bet he was getting 23+ miles to the gallon. All I can say is his loss. That video gets a 0 star from me. It looked like it was doing more polluting in the 5 minutes then the vehicle could put out in a tank of fuel. From the looks of it he was sucked in to the whole cash for clunkers. I hope his next vehicle blows up before its first oil change. Why do they destroy the engine anyways? Its going to the crusher anyways, right, or are they selling other parts off them and making more money, you be the judge.

Point is they proved they can blow a vehicles engine up.

Just like PFC Laird said, I'm going to go hug my ranger too.

el_conquistador

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I read a report that the cash for clunker money mostly was used to buy Toyotas. That sucks. Should have made a provision that they HAD to at least buy from the big three...

I think the whole idea was stupid anyway.

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
next obama will be bailing out all the banks that loose a ton of money when these people cant make theyre payments and all the cars get repo'd and the bank only recoupes half the value of the car when it goes to auction.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
How many of you guys would have paid $4500 for that truck?

rags

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
What i don't understand is that most of these vehicles that qualified where in very good shape. and like that ranger probably got 18 to 23 mpg. but the vehicle they bought got 3 to 5 mpg better.

Now wouldn't it have made more sense to take some of these V6 and 4bangers that were in great shape and offer them up for say $1,000 to people who could not afford a decent ride or any transportation at all?
The cash for clunkers program would have recouped some of there money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals