• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tires or lift what would you do

Paka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys ,
curious what u would do? On my 03 Mazda 4x4 I leveled it by cranking the t bars and now I am ready for tires or Bodylift . I can put 32" s on it or could put a 3 inch body lift and use stOck 245/70/16 on truck till I can afford tires(4 kids) ? Will the 32" tires work fine with only the torsions turned up and no lift? Thanks guys . Paka

tomster856

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
toyota
ford
Transmission
Manual
my vote is bigger tires cause not a fan of body lifts...

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual

Paka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Well to late , ordered lift , yea!!! I figure on the sand and mountains better to have the clearance . Will try to post pics as soon as I figure it out

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I've never had a truck with a body lift so I maybe wrong but your clearance won't really change. From what I know all the important stuff thats under the truck and frame will be at the same position and still get scraped.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
well, body lift makes room for larger tires that gets the frame higher up.
suspension lift lifts frame and all higher (except axles) so.... yeah, slightly different. but both allow for larger tires that raise the junk off the ground.

personally i'll never have more than a 2" body lift again... it just caused to many issues. steering, gas filler neck, shifters, bumper line ups, etc...

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've never had a truck with a body lift so I maybe wrong but your clearance won't really change. From what I know all the important stuff thats under the truck and frame will be at the same position and still get scraped.
not true, on his truck, the body hangs down below the frame, with a 3" body lift (what i have) it gets the body up and out of the way

well, body lift makes room for larger tires that gets the frame higher up.
suspension lift lifts frame and all higher (except axles) so.... yeah, slightly different. but both allow for larger tires that raise the junk off the ground.

personally i'll never have more than a 2" body lift again... it just caused to many issues. steering, gas filler neck, shifters, bumper line ups, etc...
yes, yes, and no... i wish i had a slightly larger body lift, 1/2-1 inch more... as it is with full stuff on my rear tires, i hit the fenders, and this is with bump stops, without, it tears the flares right off, i've also got expo leafs, belltech 6400 shackles and bilsten shocks though, so lots of flex, i think it's around 13", i haven't had a chance to flex it out any time i've had a tape measure around...

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
not true, on his truck, the body hangs down below the frame, with a 3" body lift (what i have) it gets the body up and out of the way

yes, yes, and no... i wish i had a slightly larger body lift, 1/2-1 inch more... as it is with full stuff on my rear tires, i hit the fenders, and this is with bump stops, without, it tears the flares right off, i've also got expo leafs, belltech 6400 shackles and bilsten shocks though, so lots of flex, i think it's around 13", i haven't had a chance to flex it out any time i've had a tape measure around...
Good to know, thanks weezl

Paka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Guess what jus came in:yahoo: BL baby . Actually ups dropped it off at wrong house and lukily neighbor found my number and called me up, how lucky was that!!

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
im not a fan of bodylifts but, its your truck... all i have to say is. POST SOME PICS

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
get a 4x4 and tell me you're not a fan of bl's... there is virtually no (functional) difference between a suspension lift and a body lift on the newer (torsion bar) 4x4 trucks except a price difference of around 2000$

brandothehick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
if you have an older truck without tbars, is it still as affective?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes and no... A suspension lift is much cheaper(on a coil or leaf spring truck) and is more effective than a body lift, but a body lift on a coil sprung vehicle isn't LESS effective than a bl on a torsion truck... It is the same...

Biggest benefit to doing them on a truck like mine, my body (stock) hangs down just past the bottom of the frame, so you're raising it up a bit to get a little more ground clearance

Sent from somewhere naughty!

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
get a 4x4 and tell me you're not a fan of bl's... there is virtually no (functional) difference between a suspension lift and a body lift on the newer (torsion bar) 4x4 trucks except a price difference of around 2000$
ive seen enough body mounts punched out and owned a 4x4 so ill say i hate bodylifts. ok for a mall crawler but if you ever really use the truck offroad they fail hardcore

Paka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Well we will see . From Mountains to dunes I'll find out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals