• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tonneau cover for 08 Ranger

870 kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 Cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Just bought my first truck, first american made vehicle...2008 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 5 spd. - ford was practically giving it away and my old jap car was starting to burn some major oil and needed a fair amount of work.

I want to cover the bed- and was looking at the ARE LS II series tonneau- I can have it professionally installed for under 900 locally or the other one i noticed was the Undercover Tonneau cover which is a do it yourself job. The local ARE dealer garaunteed me waterproof performance with the LS II. I'm looking for a way to lock up my hunting gear while i stop to eat or go on a hunting trip and keep groceries dry on rainy days, etc...

Put a few hundred miles on my Ranger so far and really like it- hard to believe they're putting the Ranger to rest- it seems like the only compact pickup truck left since all the other companies went bigger...love the compromise between truck features and fuel efficiency- anyways- just wondered if anybody out there had any tonneau advice

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Do you want a hard or soft cover? I have a Truxedo Lo-pro on my 05, it keeps the bed pretty dry (a little bit of water gets in through the stake pockets and such, but the cover doesn't leak). I like it, I can roll it up and haul my dirtbike in the bed, and still have it covered so nobody knows what I have back there. Only problem is it's not lockable, but that's not a problem for me.

870 kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 Cyl.
Transmission
Manual
definitely looking at hard cover

W6e6s6W

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
I heard good things about Lund hard tops.
But I have a Extang Black Max snap style soft tonneau.
I love it.
Lund, Extang and Truxedo are big names for tonneaus.
So I just went to my local Truck Outfitters and picked one.

Megan05Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just bought my first truck, first american made vehicle...2008 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 5 spd. - ford was practically giving it away and my old jap car was starting to burn some major oil and needed a fair amount of work.

I want to cover the bed- and was looking at the ARE LS II series tonneau- I can have it professionally installed for under 900 locally or the other one i noticed was the Undercover Tonneau cover which is a do it yourself job. The local ARE dealer garaunteed me waterproof performance with the LS II. I'm looking for a way to lock up my hunting gear while i stop to eat or go on a hunting trip and keep groceries dry on rainy days, etc...

Put a few hundred miles on my Ranger so far and really like it- hard to believe they're putting the Ranger to rest- it seems like the only compact pickup truck left since all the other companies went bigger...love the compromise between truck features and fuel efficiency- anyways- just wondered if anybody out there had any tonneau advice
They are not "putting the Ranger to rest" they are just getting rid of the FX4.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals