• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck for Free

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully contestant number 3 :)

where to begin...
well my grandfather purchased my 84 bronco 2 back in like 85-86. he has drove it up to the Rockies, took it to California, where a blown water pump cost him a day of trouble with a local dealership, and has took it all over Texas. he rarely maintenance it and only repaired what made it unable to be driven. In around 1997 my grandfather sold the truck to a family friend who let it rot in his back yard, a couple years later my dad got it back as payment for a debt he owed us. since my dad wasnt the greatest mechanic we had to get it running again using a mechanic $$$$$$$. i was 6-7 at this time so my mechanical capabilities were fitting the round peg in the square hole...:icon_confused:
He got it running and it ran beautifully till in 05ish when he blew the timing gear like a frag grenade. So back to the mechanic who wanted 2 grand to rebuild it, so we took it to our "retired" ford head Mexican, no offense, mechanic who wanted 1200 to do it, we told him to take his time and he did. he could in fact never get it to run, so we let it sit till, "ohh no my son need a car for high school", so more money and a second mechanic who almost literally pulled his hair out trying to get it to run after sitting 5 years and being pulled apart countless times finally got it to run correctly by my sophomore year. its 3 years since then and working on my truck has greatly expanded my knowledge, and being an electrician my truck it wired with all kinds of fun but pointless stuff, CB,pa, air-horn,amps,subs,lights,radio,speakers and a switch cluster on my console to control it all. no my truck jumps back and forth from our ranch near comfort Texas, my parents house in San Antonio, and the UTSA main campus off of 1604. I've been relying on my knowledge along with TRS member's collective wisdom to transformer her in to the beautiful truck she deserves to be, and one day i will get her their, it would be nice for her to have a younger sister though :)

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
I almost want to just come to Texas to meet you and take it for a drive, then go shooting, then drive some more, barbecue, beer, shooting, driving, beer,... Wait, I probably wouldn't leave your house for a while.

However, as much as I would LOVE to take care of your baby, I don't think Missouri's constantly fluctuating humidity would treat it right. I also don't have the capability to store it how it deserves.

I kinda hate how being human means you can't keep something forever. Especially since so much time has been invested into something so... materialistic like our trucks.

I'm sure the Almighty knows how we get to feeling about these things...

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
I would take it buy seeing as my wife and I just got married and school I wouldn't have the time to drive there. Even though I'm 3 to 4 hours away from San Antonio. Edinburg TX here lol. But if I could I would take care of her. I felt bad the other day because there was a first gen just kind of sitting on the side of a random road the other day...and the next...and the next...a week or so of sitting...sad since I'm sure the owner could find a buddy to tow it. Hell we just fixed the trailer we have that could load it.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
C'mon you TX guys? What the heck? I said "daily driver" I've driven it to Waco and back for the first banner. And Insane (with your hole in the glass avatar) "Almost"? I just got back from Springfield. It's only an 11 hour drive.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
You were in Springfield!!!!

That's where I live!

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just wanna chime in, and say how awesome this is. I really hope she goes to a good home, and/or helps some good people.

I'd chime in with my story, but I already have 2 & 1/2 Rangers, a B-series, a Sploder, and a Ranger trailer. All I'm missing is a 2nd gen and a B2...

Once again props to you and the old lady!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There is one member that comes to mind but I don't want to overstep. My suggestion is to give it to a charity organization, one that comes to mind is "habitat for humanity". They help people build/own their own homes that wouldn't normally pass the banks scrutinizing.

Richard

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hear you. Wifey-mate wants to give it to charity. I want to give it to a Ranger fan. I've just have blue oval blood in my veins.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I'm too far away to be able to get it.

My ranger story is my dad bought it back in 2000 off the original owner for $500 off the side if the road. Drive it home and it cracked a head so it got an engine swap. Year later found my dad another ranger at my local school for sale so he bought that one and all he could give me for graduation was the old truck that I practically grew up in the passenger seat. After that I got a hold of another slightly larger engine, 2.8, so I put that in and had it in four a couple of years before deciding to go all out and doing a SAS and lift. Well the old little 2.8 proved that it didn't have the power so after so inspiration, did a 302 swap that I am now currently finishing up on, such as 4wd, body work, etc...

Right now just had a child a few days ago and need to find a cheap but reliable family vehicle but will highered on full timeat my job here in a few days.

Hope she goes to a good home and not somebody that is going to trash it in a week.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
There is one member that comes to mind but I don't want to overstep. My suggestion is to give it to a charity organization, one that comes to mind is "habitat for humanity". They help people build/own their own homes that wouldn't normally pass the banks scrutinizing.

Richard
:icon_thumby:

I hear you. Wifey-mate wants to give it to charity. I want to give it to a Ranger fan. I've just have blue oval blood in my veins.
:icon_thumby:

I'd forgo my status of a Ranger wannahave knowing that it is going to someone who really needs it or where it can be cared for and do something for those in need...:bawling: :beer:

You know, crying in your beer helps to cut down on salty snacks~!

And I will rep you both for the suggestion and thought...

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wish that I were still in need of a first gen Ranger. Was searching high and low after I totaled my 84, but then rescued the 86 from a 10 year slumber. Even though one is never enough I simply don't have room for another. With all the vehicles in my sig being in the yard, and being the only person to drive them I simply don't have room for it or time to give it the care and attention it deserves. I'm sure you will find a good home for it and who ever gets it will have a great truck on their hands.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)

Richard
I agree, the charity thing would be a good way to go, seems everyone that even lives in Texas can't drive across texas a couple hours to get it LOL. I live in Idaho and would gladly come get it if it wasn't for only having Sunday's off from work and I don't think I could make it from Texas back to Idaho in a Sunday dang it. I liked the old style Ford Rangers the new style looks like a car with a truck bed on it, too many car companies catering to people who want a truck but don't have use for it in reality. Anyhow back on topic. Donate it to Charity, have them give you a receipt for its value and you can write it off on your taxes. Too bad you aren't in Idaho there are a couple people I know who could use a reliable vehicle considering what they're driving now has had a wheel assembly literally fall off a tie rod bolt coming lose and almost causing an accident. I keep telling him to stop driving that Festiva but then he would definitely not have a way around to school and his odd jobs and probably wouldn't be able to finish his Eagle Scout project. I've been looking for him but there's nothing I can really do with my $700 a month income, and his unknown income every month as he's still in high school, and I won't even get into his life and mess that his dad puts him through, sadly he's always asking to come live with me due to the way his dad treats him, but I have no room literally. Its sad to know people in these positions and not be able to help them.

Good luck on your "sell" of your Ranger, they're great trucks too bad Ford didn't know that.

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
Conditions:
Wifey-mate and I will decide.
I'll pick you up from Austin or San Antonio airport.
I will feed you BBQ and beer with other local TRS members.
If you want to go shooting with me, bring your own ammo (guns might be arranged.)
If you are a TRS supporter you have an advantage. Mine just expired, but if you put some $$ in Jim's pocket, she who must be obeyed and I will be more graceful.
so yall meet up in San Marcus, id like to join yall sometime on yalls next meet. its allways nice to meet the local TRS members

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Any time man. Every one of them I've met are fine individuals and I'm always down with the BBQ. I've gotten more into guns in the last year or so. We're having a shoot at Bexar range on May 25'th. You should come. Everybody's always welcome and people gladly give you a chance to shoot something you probably never will again. We had a big meet outside of Waco and one guy brought his .50 cal and blew up a Cadillac with Tannerite. Good Times.

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
Any time man. Every one of them I've met are fine individuals and I'm always down with the BBQ. I've gotten more into guns in the last year or so. We're having a shoot at Bexar range on May 25'th. You should come. Everybody's always welcome and people gladly give you a chance to shoot something you probably never will again. We had a big meet outside of Waco and one guy brought his .50 cal and blew up a Cadillac with Tannerite. Good Times.
most definitely i bring my guns as well :) if i can get an address ill be there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals