• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ttb lift question

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there should be 2 drop brackets. 1 for each beam on a ttb lift right? the passanger side beam looks like a plate that the stock bracket bolts to and there should be a drop bracket for the driver side beam also right?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yes, several kits still use that setup (BDS, Trailmaster, Rough Country, old Superlift kits).

Rough Country kit:

A flaw in that design is that the drop extension is known to bust through the differential housing on the D35 front axle. Be sure to lower your bumpstops down to avoid that from happening (better would be to use a kit that fully replaces both brackets (Skyjacker, James Duff, Tuff Country)).

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok. thats what i thought. my brackets look exactly like the ones in the rough country pic above. only im missing the driver beam drop bracket. and i wonder which kit i have. ill have to look for serial #'s...

i have the stock d28 axle so do i have to worry about the drop extension busting through the diff? i know its the same setup but i dont know if the housings are different sizes.

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I don't think it's as much of an issue on the 28, but check.

Also keep it in mind if you plan to wheel your truck offroad (especially with bigger tires, which sounds like a given, being that you're lifting it), you'll probably end up swapping the D35 in at some point in the near future. The D28's shafts are almost too frail to wheel with even on stock tires.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea, ive thought about that. but id rather swap in a solid axle at some point rather than a ttb 35... i know its not a bolt in application if you do a solid axle swap with a coil set up.. but you can still use the same steering box and can you keep the same coil buckets? even though im thinking about switching to the duff double shock buckets. i know the ra's and mounts will have to change and add a track bar. but is that about it?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yes, those parts you mention can be used with a solid axle (the coil buckets may need a slight bit of modification to fit the bigger diameter coil though).

Why not just do the solid axle now if that's what you want? (Why waste $$$ on a TTB lift just for a D28?)

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i got the lift for a great price and i need to do a little more research to do a solid swap. but i'd love to be ready to do one by next summer!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals