• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turning raidus

NHmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Going 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I notice there are a couple stops on the I beams. I also know I will lose a bit of my turning radius, but what I have now doesnt seem right? I can barelt turn off one street onto another, its such a wide swing. Is the due to alignment issues? And no it has not been aligned yet...

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Something is wrong then. You installed DJM dream beams right? I didn't think those had stops built into them. one of the pluses of that brand in some ways. Make sure you aren't hitting something that is out of place. i have ChassiTech beams and did loose some turning radius, but the only time I notice it is when I am trying to cram into a tight parking spot.

James

NHmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Going 5.0
Transmission
Manual
James,
There seems to be a stop on these. I cut one down, and it turned a lot better on the side. I just cut to much off so will need to add a little. I'll try to get you a picture...

Problem #2, thats the little stop that is effecting my turn radius....

this is the side I cut off....

Last edited:

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
So you are hitting the caliper then. Interesting, I guess I will need to look under mine and see how close I am running to them. I've heard of people putting bolts into the beam to act as a stop on the DreamBeams. Wonder if this was there way of fixing that problem. Have you contacted them about this? if your turning radius is that bad, something still seems wrong to me.

James

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
First thing I notice is those ain't DJM Dream Beams. I'm pretty sure the Dream Beams still lack a steering stop, I'd rather add my own "adjustable" one anyway. If you bought them under the understanding that they were you got took.

Picture of your beam form Sway bar thread:

Pic of a Dream Beam for your 97:

NHmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Going 5.0
Transmission
Manual
No i didnt call them yet. I will on monday. Will play with it a little this weekend if the heat doesnt kill me first...

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Nice catch Josh, I totally missed that. Those look alot like mine and I didn't have any issues like that. I didn't even grind anything off even though I know i can. I've been waiting to see what my final tire/rim combo will be. I would hate to grind some off now only to wish I had left it alone.

James

jmzneal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 and 2007
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have great turning radius with my AIM industries beams.. and there not those cheap bar ones that end up bending after a while....I beam incinuates a I shape not an O shape...there integrity is greater and last longer.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Ok, honestly, do you know anyone that has the dream beams? There have been several people in the past that had them and knew people that did. Only one person since I've been around TRS has know someone that bent one at that was from hoping their truck. I use to think the same way, but I got my info from someone's ad in a magazine.

James

envious8420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive had dream beams on mine since the begining.
never bent one. although i am considering cutting and wedging them to increase camber

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I beam incinuates a I shape not an O shape...
Funny last time I checked DJM didn't call them I-beams they called the Dream Beams. So what shape is a Dream? Maybe they should call them O-beams.

Seems to be that the SOLID bar construction of the Dream beams would hold up better than the welds on most "I-beams". The reviews, tesitmonials, and real world experiences I've read on the DJM beams gives me full confidence that they will hold up to anything I throw at them, and probably more than the I construction beams can. When I get finished with the engine work on my 84, I'll be doing as close to a 3/3 drop as I can on it. That drop will include DJM beams, shackle/hangar flip, and all new springs.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
oh wow...i am way stupid...i thought thease things were radius arms....but since no one makes a drop spindal beems work.....hey thanks for the info guys :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals