• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

video converter

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i need a video converter that i can take .iso files and make them .wma and also turn wma into .3gp file types.

what is a good program to use that will do this for me and where can i get it?

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I don't know about .iso files so much, but this site has some pretty good freeware tools
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/
Back when I edited video I always used Premier for .3gp but I'm not up on editing and conversion tools anymore.

AaronC47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Somewhere I found this site the other day www.piratebay.com ,, try that also,, there is LOTS of good stuff there to be found,,

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ill try some of these out, thanks!

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i need a video converter that i can take .iso files and make them .wma and also turn wma into .3gp file types.

ISOs are CD images. What type of media are you trying to convert from? (DVD/VCD/SVCD?)

You'll need to extract the ISO image or simply explore the CD you made an image of. VOB (DVD) or DAT (VCD) files are pretty much MPEG files. I've converted those right into AVIs, should be done pretty simplisticly into WMV. WMA is an audio file extension.

You can find free video converters from a free software site like http://www.download.com. The Pirate Bay is a torrent site, some of the software you download from there is illegal and may contain malware or viruses. I am not saying it definitely will, but the risk is somewhat high. FWIW.

Pete

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i use a dvd decoder and it saves all the videos i rip as .iso format and i only am able to play on one of my media players that can read it. i would like to be able to burn them to a dvd.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i use a dvd decoder and it saves all the videos i rip as .iso format and i only am able to play on one of my media players that can read it. i would like to be able to burn them to a dvd.
It's just an image of a cd, just like a tar ball of files. Basically the CD structure and all of it's contents are stored into one file. They're ready to be burnt onto a DVD...

If it's too big to fit and your software cannot burn it, you'll need to extract the ISO and use DVD shrink or something similar to recompress the video.

Just about any burning software should support burning an ISO cd image, it's a very common file format.

Pete

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when i go to open files, these iso files do not show. they play only with vlc media player, nothing else can read or play them.

ill try using dvd shrink later today and let you kno how that goes.
thanks for your help

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
when ever i need something like that i usally type in at google free (whatever type you want) video converter and i can usally find something that works in there

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
when i go to open files, these iso files do not show. they play only with vlc media player, nothing else can read or play them.

ill try using dvd shrink later today and let you kno how that goes.
thanks for your help
The ISO file itself is not a video file itself, more or less a CD burning software format... It's like a zip file of the entire CD, except it's not compressed. You should be able to load your burning software, select an option to burn a DVD from an image, and it will accept that ISO format.

You will not be able to just load the ISO into DVD shrink, it will need to be extracted with something like WinImage first.

Pete

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
o/ peps

Littlefoot. Try using Nero or Alcohol 120%.

you are going to want the .iso file somewhere on your hard drive. then use either of those programs and burn the .iso file to a fresh writable dvd.

Once done the iso file should be playable on the dvd. If you are trying to get it to play in a home dvd player as opposed to a computer dvd player this method should work. It should also make it so other computer dvd players will be able to read it.

But like people above have said the iso itself Isn't a file designed to be played by various media players. VLC is good for playing media files other programs do not recognize.

Also. If you want to "fake" a dvd player without burning anything use a program called Daemon tools. Daemon tools is designed to get around copyrights on dvds and other things. Basically you "mount" the .ISO file using daemon tools and it fakes a dvd player and disables all the common copyrights at the same time. All without having to burn a new disk.

Daemon tools is used by lots of people who do illegal downloads. But you are allowed 1 backup of any music cd tape dvd software for yourself. Its even in Canadian law as being allowed 1 backup.

As a matter of fact I learned about daemon tools due to the fact that my Brand new fresh out of the box copy of assassins creed disk refused to install on my computer because its own copyright was so tough it did not think it was the original disk.

This ticked me off to no end and I solved the problem by ripping my own disk and using the daemon tools to mount the resulting .iso file. And then installing my own just bought brand new game.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Everyone here is right, the ISO that your recorder is generating is probably actually a DVD image. You're supposed to burn that ISO right to a DVDR, if it has more than 4.7GB of video data, you'll need dual layer DVDR which can hold up to 9GB of video data, or you can DVDShrink it as has been stated. Any modern burning program such as Nero should be able to open and burn that ISO file. You can also look up PowerISO, it is really useful, and just like Alcohol 120 (but less bloated) it can mount ISO images as virtual drives so you can access the data directly, which in this case would come up as DVD video.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual

First you will need a program like Magic Iso. Use this program to create a Virtual Drive on your computer. Load the .iso (mount) in the vitual drive.

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

Now open the CD or DVD as it was a real CD or DVD.

Next you will need a program called Super.

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

It will let you convert your file into any format you need, including .3pg

Drag and drop the audio file from the .iso (in the virtual drive) to Super. Its that simple

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals