• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wa newbie here

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
damn theres alot of you from Wa

newsongranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yup, just joined up. I'm from Monroe, watching all the yuppie Seattlites invade my hometown.

Rolled Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
One more from Wa, Woodland area
I am in Tacoma now but I am from Woodland. Not many people know where that is at.

Dogboy,
Have you guys been getting together lately? I think I fixed all those tranny problems I was having and want to test it out after i get the one-piece driveline in this weekend.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Me and Derrick had a few over the summer, but no TRS meets.

Check out the December 20th Tahuya Meet thread though! (a couple threads below this, title Winter meet, or something like that)

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
somehow missed this post the first time around...

im in western washington..westport actually. im way out of anyones way :icon_thumby:

pearldrumbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm from Western WA too. All over, Maple valley, to enumclaw, to kent, now in Bellevue. HAve to say i prefer enumclaw to bellevue, but going back to college meant i had to live closer to civilization :(

(PS, I'm in the market for a steal of a donor explorer or ranger to do a 4.0 swap. This is probably bordering on illegal in this thread, but if you have any leads a PM would be appreciated. I'm a college student and broke so when i say "steal" i mean STEAL :))

aaron_ariens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I am also from Washington.

Woot.

Belfair area.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm from Western WA too. All over, Maple valley, to enumclaw, to kent, now in Bellevue. HAve to say i prefer enumclaw to bellevue, but going back to college meant i had to live closer to civilization :(

(PS, I'm in the market for a steal of a donor explorer or ranger to do a 4.0 swap. This is probably bordering on illegal in this thread, but if you have any leads a PM would be appreciated. I'm a college student and broke so when i say "steal" i mean STEAL :))
Damnit.. I had a whole post typed out and the the internet crashed...

Are you from Enumclaw, or what? I've lived here all my life! Just driving through Bellevue I can tell I would hate it there.

Anyway, I have a '94 parts Explorer, but I'm pretty sure I am keeping the motor, becuase it is basicly my spare incase I hydrolock mine, or just plain destroy it. It also has a few miles on it.. (213k miles)

But if you need the wiring harness, I have that, which you could have for pretty cheap. I don;t think i cut any of the main harness, although I did cut some things, like the wires going back to the manual tranny.
I think you'd be better off getting the parts elsewhere

I'm not sure if I have posted it before in this thread, but I'm in Enumclaw.

pearldrumbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Damnit.. I had a whole post typed out and the the internet crashed...

Are you from Enumclaw, or what? I've lived here all my life! Just driving through Bellevue I can tell I would hate it there.

Anyway, I have a '94 parts Explorer, but I'm pretty sure I am keeping the motor, becuase it is basicly my spare incase I hydrolock mine, or just plain destroy it. It also has a few miles on it.. (213k miles)

But if you need the wiring harness, I have that, which you could have for pretty cheap. I don;t think i cut any of the main harness, although I did cut some things, like the wires going back to the manual tranny.
I think you'd be better off getting the parts elsewhere

I'm not sure if I have posted it before in this thread, but I'm in Enumclaw.
I Actually only lived in Enumclaw for about a year, that was just where my family landed while they looked for a house buy after we came up from Long Beach, Cali. , then we moved to east kent/ maple valley.
Bellevue isn't actually as bad as i thought it would be, I live in an older neighborhood though thats not just abunch of cookie cutter houses like the new ones, and every house in on 1/4 or 1/3 acre lots :shok:(big whoop for bellevue lol) but i still prefere maple valley.
I really like the penninsula. Thats where I hope to land permanently someday (Although the job outlook for aeronautical engineers doesnt look great over there :annoyed:)

I think I'd rather get a whole vehicle for an engine swap, since I've never doen one on RBV's before I would like to take lots of pictures and label everything correctly in the original vehicle first. THanks, though!

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
The peninsula is cool, that's where I'm from mostly (after living in AK). There are lots of yuppies on Bainbridge though (where I'm from).

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I Actually only lived in Enumclaw for about a year, that was just where my family landed while they looked for a house buy after we came up from Long Beach, Cali. , then we moved to east kent/ maple valley.
Bellevue isn't actually as bad as i thought it would be, I live in an older neighborhood though thats not just abunch of cookie cutter houses like the new ones, and every house in on 1/4 or 1/3 acre lots :shok:(big whoop for bellevue lol) but i still prefere maple valley.
I really like the penninsula. Thats where I hope to land permanently someday (Although the job outlook for aeronautical engineers doesnt look great over there :annoyed:)

I think I'd rather get a whole vehicle for an engine swap, since I've never doen one on RBV's before I would like to take lots of pictures and label everything correctly in the original vehicle first. THanks, though!

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured you'd want. It can be a lot nicer because you can have a chance to see how things come out, before you destroy your daily driver...

gearjmr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Grays Harbor here. Hoquiam to be exact. I thought this was Tweakerville.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
hoquiam/aberdeen are both definitely tweekerville :icon_thumby:

good to finally see someone from the grays harbor area besides me :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals