• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wagoneer axle

bronc72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anybody have any info on a wagoneer d44. Someone flipped what i think is an early 80s wagoneer behind my house and im gonna rip it out before someone else does. It looks in good shape and all i know is there spring under and 6 lug. Just wondering if someone has some numbers for it or if they have a waggy d44 under there RBV.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was going to use one. The only problem is it is slightly wider than the Ranger axle (61" I think) and it is low pinion. Oh, and it is 6 lug.

slammer67

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
What do you mean by "flipped"? pumpkin on wrong side? 'cause the early waggy axles had a pass drop diff and the later ones had drivers drop.
If its a passenger drop, you may be able to sell it to a toyota guy.

Not sure the exact length, something like 60-61", low pinion, and the leaf perches are an the bottom of the axle (sua)

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
has: low pinioin, leaf sprung (sua), disc brakes, no abs, 297 axle joints (stronger than EB axles)
look for: center axle disconnect (box thing on long side of axle, these are bad) 80-91 are the years without it.

Here's a link to a guy who put on under his yota but he has the price listed for just about every part so its a parts and price list.
http://www.toy4x4.net/sas/index2.htm

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
I think by flipped he means wrecked. My advice it tell me where it is, Ill come take it out for you and take the rest of it myself. :D

bronc72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea its wrecked. somebody already ripped out the rear axles but the housin and guts is still there along with the transfer case, tranny,motor (not to bad lookin 360) and both drive shafts. Im gonna rip the front end out somtime this week, just wanted to see if the d44 was worth puttin under my ranger. Theres a couple more trucks out there along with the waggy on these trails that people have abandoned, people seem to use the trails as a junk yard and dump.

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea its wrecked. somebody already ripped out the rear axles but the housin and guts is still there along with the transfer case, tranny,motor (not to bad lookin 360) and both drive shafts. Im gonna rip the front end out somtime this week, just wanted to see if the d44 was worth puttin under my ranger. Theres a couple more trucks out there along with the waggy on these trails that people have abandoned, people seem to use the trails as a junk yard and dump.
Trails being used as a junkyard and dump? Where is this? I'm surprised that no local 4x4 clubs have stepped up with a cleanup effort. Stuff like that makes us all look bad.

hick

bronc72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the trails are on the CT/NY border but theyre owned by northeast utilities. The only time they remove a junked car is if its in the way of building houses. If i had a way to rip the junkers out, i would but until then im just gonna take them peice by peice.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
says u got a 89 chebby scotts dale right, just hook a strap to the vehicles in question and drag them outta there

bronc72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the chebbys just lawn ornamant right now. Plus the crappy 10 bolt in it probaly couldnt pull more than a spare tire and a pack of chewin gum without blowin up.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
If it's got stock gearing and a 360 it's mostly got a 2.73:1 R&P.

You can narrow the years down by the hubs. Some random ass few years used vaccume hubs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals