• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

We were all new guys once.

J281v8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 266K
Transmission
Manual
Hello All,

I'd like to start by saying this is a great site and there is a ton of good info here. Also there are a lot of people with good knowledge. I've been a member since 2009.

I usually only get to log in and checkout what's going on a couple times a week due to a busy schedule. But often I'll log in and read posts by people who are new and need help just to see them get dumped on because they don't know how to use the site or don't have much technical knowledge.

I always thought the point of this site was to help and back the other guy up. I also always put myself in the other guys shoes. What if we were one of the new guys and didn't know the ropes? We wouldn't want to be trashed on right? Even questions that may seem dumb could actually help out many members after older members chime in. It's helped me.

We all need help sometimes. And no one should get left behind. We are a team.

Just remember, we were all the new guy once.

Jim

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello All,

I'd like to start by saying this is a great site and there is a ton of good info here. Also there are a lot of people with good knowledge. I've been a member since 2009.

I usually only get to log in and checkout what's going on a couple times a week due to a busy schedule. But often I'll log in and read posts by people who are new and need help just to see them get dumped on because they don't know how to use the site or don't have much technical knowledge.

I always thought the point of this site was to help and back the other guy up. I also always put myself in the other guys shoes. What if we were one of the new guys and didn't know the ropes? We wouldn't want to be trashed on right? Even questions that may seem dumb could actually help out many members after older members chime in. It's helped me.

We all need help sometimes. And no one should get left behind. We are a team.

Just remember, we were all the new guy once.

Jim
I agree with this absolutely, i am a huge newb when it comes to anything mechanic or vehicle related but this site has taught me a lot, a lot of the guys on here have taught me a lot. I'd like to give a special shout out to a few members who have helped me tremendously. adsm; Man it seems like you know everything about everything and you have incredible patience for stupid/newbish questions, thanks man you've been a big help. 85 Ranger; you always have great way of explaining things for newbies, love ya man. 97 Ranger; Man i love your pic its awesome, makes me laugh everytime, all your replies are always funny and well thought out, thank you. Straycat; Hey man sometimes you piss me off but i am truly grateful for all the help you've given me on here, thank you. :icon_cheers:

Thanks to everyone on here as well i mean everybody even if i didnt list your name here i am truly grateful my B2 would not be where it is today without all your guys help, thank you all.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Yes....you guys are correct....to a point.

There are a couple Grinches on this site......

Grinches generally can co-exist.....

but when they see the same newb questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (being on meds, I could do this for another hour-but you get the point).....

Grinches occasionally "lose it", after many years of self control and detailed answers----they respond harshly with something like.....

SEARCH!!!!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'm not a dick to people that ask stupid questions, i just ignore them and move on. i understand why it irritates other members though. RBV's were made from 83 to 12....29 years. in all that time, do you really think you're the first person that's wanted to know if 31's will fit on you rangers stock suspension? or how to get more power from your 2.9? or what size wheels they should run with bigger tires? or if 8.8 guts from 28 spline will fit in a 31 spline?

i dont know what google is up to these, but they need to keep on doing it. you can literally type any question you can think of in the search bar and it'll find every single time that someone else has asked the same question. on top of that, there's usually a video on youtube addressing your question.

why the hell would you want to wait hours, days or weeks for someone to respond to your thread when you could have the answer in less than 5 minutes?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
adsm is the Ranger god.:blush:
Eh, there are a lot of guys here who know at least as much or more than I do, they just aren't as active as I am because they have money and energy and light to be out working on their trucks.

I on the other hand have seasonal asthma and a strong drive to help people.

Last edited:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This site was around in the text-only days. I'm 43 today and I was 30 when I joined, I think. As a Ranger guy, I should probably be taken out and shot. I did a lot a long time ago, but it's old news to me. My Ranger has 4 flats and shades a colony on moles. We have guys that know more and have been on here longer than me, and are still patient with questions. I spent several years answering questions on the parts of these truck I know about, but I don't really bother anymore. There are other people with fresher minds, and the old dedicated people, doing it. I get PMs about specific things, which I answer without fail. Sometimes those PMs lead me back into old fights.

One day I'll get my Ranger back on the road.

I always respect the people on here. I know that when you first enter a subject area you have a lot of motivation and a lot of questions. If you don't have the patience for a scientific-quality search, I don't mind at all. Nobody on here should be harassing or belittling people that are new to Rangers. Embrace them and guide them. Make them Ranger enthusiasts even if they are only here to adjust the tension on their visors.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Will...I was going to post something long winded but...surprise, I will say only that I agree with Will and others...the grinches should be notified, warned, and banned for a few days if they can't treat others with respect...

I'm still a newby compared to many people on TRS...post count does not mean "knowledge"...although Adsmo8 does have the knowledge and I see him jumping in and answering dozens of questions every day...

I do remember a time when we had quite a few "grinch" types on here and felt they were doing a disservice...but some of them had pretty good answers if you caught them in a good mood...

This thread will probably slide and another one started some day...but I think a "Spirit and Communications" stickie might get the message across...something like a How To Get along with others on TRS...but that's why we have great moderators...to break up the fights and create some excitement by banning someone...

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
DID I MISS SOME F.N.G. SMACHING!!!!!
Ahhhhh i feel left out, anyone got a tissue?

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
DID I MISS SOME F.N.G. SMACHING!!!!!
Ahhhhh i feel left out, anyone got a tissue?
Alright Scooter this is for you http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/search.php

To the OP. If the question is asked and they have posted a question only moments after registering then the posts with the search icons come out. Some of the questions that have been asked date back for years.

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
this is a problem on EVERY message board site, rangers, video games, bicycles, they all have their dickheads........some sites more than others. I've been here for a LOOOOONG time (I had another name that got banned for stupid reasons, but whatever, also how many times has this placed switched servers and we all had to start again?). What I've learned from it all, just shut up unless you have a need to say something and then do your best to ignore the asshats.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
At times it seems like some people are too anxious to jump down the throat of newbs because they asked a question. Yeah it gets old seeing the same question lots of times, but it's no excuse to be rude to someone. Usually it's pretty obvious what the question will be from the title so if you don't like it, don't read it. It's a simple concept. When people go looking for those threads to answer them just to be a dick it looks bad on the site and all of its members. People need to start showing some respect.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wyyyyyy you smartassed asshole!!!
I ask a simple question and this is your answer? This site sucks anyway!!!!!
The Ranger Station...... How ghey!

:thefinger:
Figured you would get a kick out of it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals