• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What is the max amount of lift with no brackets or bent beams?

91supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 91 2wd ranger supercab and was wondering what was the max amount i can lift it using those 4 degree camber bushings? I had some fox resi shocks and some other parts to turn this thing prerunner but have too many projects going on already, so i sold em. I still have a set of rough country 4" coils and was wanting to put them on. My idea was to just do this on the cheap..(as this is just my DD beater) put the 4 degrees in with the coils and cut the coils until its close to aligned. :dunno:. Sounds like it will work. Any one know exactly how much i can lift and still get it close to aligned? (this thing will probably only see used tires for the rest of its life). Also have a set of beltechs for a chevy that i can throw on the rear...or even throw the 64" chevys i got laying around on there. Just not looking to really spend much money on this thing. Its going to get new shocks while im at it. Just wanting to "polish the turd a little"..if you will..lol. Let me know what you guys think.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2.5 inches with 3 degree camber bushings. Expect to replace your balljoints once or twice a year, even if you dont wheel it.

I have a 4" lift I'll sell you also.

91supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
2.5 inches with 3 degree camber bushings. Expect to replace your balljoints once or twice a year, even if you dont wheel it.

I have a 4" lift I'll sell you also.
so im guessing just about an inch a degree.... My coils on here are sagged bad...as in probably a couple inches...so im sure thats not any better on the ball joints. What type of balljoints were you replacing twice a year?

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Moog. Best of the best. You'll see what I mean when you install that insane of an angled camber bushing. The balljoint is at such an angle it doesnt want to go in properly.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'll sell ya that lift for $200 + shipping. If you want it, PM me.

91supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'll sell ya that lift for $200 + shipping. If you want it, PM me.
Thanks for your help. Thanks anyways on the lift..seems like a good price but i actually just sold off some fox resis and some forged beams that i was going to use to cut and extend. This thing is my work truck and didnt want to make it too nice. Just looking to use the parts that i had leftover...if i could.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
To make it work properly, good luck. There's a reason EVERY lift manufacturer uses some sort of drop bracket for 4"+

91supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
To make it work properly, good luck. There's a reason EVERY lift manufacturer uses some sort of drop bracket for 4"+
Not arguing with you...just asking. Not looking to get 4" anyways. Just asking how much lift 4 degree camber bushings will correct. Nothing more.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you cant afford longer shocks, then the most lift you can get is 1.5". The shocks will not let you put a taller coil in. Now, you CAN use the stock shocks if you add a spacer nut and space the bushing seat up another inch.

91supercab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you cant afford longer shocks, then the most lift you can get is 1.5". The shocks will not let you put a taller coil in. Now, you CAN use the stock shocks if you add a spacer nut and space the bushing seat up another inch.
Shocks are a must... I believe they are original to the vehicle...lol. Like i said i had some fox resis ...that i paid more for than i did for the entire truck..lol Just going to find a cheap shock that fits (f150,bronco etc.) if i end up lifting it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals