• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheelin Meet This Winter

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
Not gonna be there.. front locker is having issues among other things I'm not gonna lay in the snow to fix. Storm coming in was the final straw...

Next time..

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Next time, we need to get a run to Elbe going. I want to go there in the snow.

Yoda, if you have a volt meter, hook it up to the battery, and have a friend either crank the engine/ key, or watch the volt meter while you do the other, etc.

When you try and crank it, the battery voltage should not drop below 10.6 volts. If it does, then your battery is probably toast. (if it drops below 10.6 volts, I bet it will drop a long way, becuase it won't even turn the motor over).

I had the same problem a year ago, the battery worked fine until it got cold for a couple days, then it wouldn't start. I used a load tester to test the battery, and the voltage went to 3.5 volts, and I hadn't even apply the correct draw yet...

If the voltage stays abover 10.6, then your problem is elswhere.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Do we have an official count of who can make it?

I'll be there no matter what, unless some sort of apocalypse snow storm hits tonight.

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
I believe the in initial post has the current count. It looks like he updated it today. Looks like 9 for sure, maybe up to 15.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a list of people in the first post of the thread, but that isn't perfect.

In the list, there's 9 people going (unless any of them decide not to go and haven't said yet), and 6 people who might go. although Sunk said he was going to try to make it, so you can look at it as 10 and 5 if you want.

I'm not sure if anybody who was bringing other people, are still going or not, other than Sunk.

I'd guess the group will be between 10 and 15. Not as big as it was going to be a couple days ago (15-20+).

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
so more great news. i drove my bronco last night out playin around... ran fine. got in it this morning to take my gf to work and it just sat there clicking... like a dead battery. i jumped it and it ran fine to the bank... about 2 miles. came out of the bank and it just clicked... i hooked up the jumper cables to a honda crv and it wouldn't even turn over. so we tried pushing it to the wet pavement to push start it but couldnt get enough grip to push it. i''m thinkin it is just the battery is weak and/or dead... could be starter but it is just over six months old (about) so i don't know... i thinkk i'm gonna take my jeep down and try to jump it again to get it home. i'll let you guys know if i get it go ing again tonight other wise i'm out. i dont wanna get stranded 3.5 hours away from home with a massive storm on the way, ya know?
Check the connections at the battery and the starter relay on the fender. Sounds like they need to be cleaned.

thepretzelman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
as long as it doesn't snow a bunch tonight I am still going, what time are we meeting at Safeway?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
9-9:30 I believe.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
As far as I know it isn't "supposed" to snow tonight, but just about all the weather lately, (in Enumclaw) they've been wrong about...

The meeting time was originally 9, but we basicly moved it to 9:30.

I'll probably be there around 9 though to give myself alittle time for ice/ snow. I figure it's an hour and a half drive ( from Enumclaw), if I leave at 7, that give me 2 and a half hours, plenty. And I don't mind sitting in the parking lot bullshiting for a while.

Last edited:

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
As long as the roads are travelable, we'll still be there too. (me and my dad)
My dad rented a u haul trailer today, and aside from a little front to back positioning, the ranger is loaded up. I still have to put the wipers back together on the LJ, I finally got around to welding a stud from a ranger window regulator onto one of the studs, so I have manual wipers now, with a nice ranger window crank. :icon_twisted:

I've got to put the wipers back together, put the seatcovers back on, and load up, and I'll be ready for morning. :icon_thumby:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm assuming we will be doign the south Loop trailer? If so, do you guys think a Ram 1500 (has awsome 33's) ext cab short bed, can make it down the trail?

My cousin is thinking about going and bringing his Ram, becuase his Scout isn't done yet. But he may also go and ride his motorcycle too... he's daring, lol.

LoanRanger knows this first hand, but I don't think he is SUPER concerned about alittle body damage.

I don't know about anybody else, but I would like to be able to get home before it gets dark. In other words leaving by 2-2:30 or so. or, that is what my dad wants anyway.

5 hours is a bit of play time.

Last edited:

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
so more great news. i drove my bronco last night out playin around... ran fine. got in it this morning to take my gf to work and it just sat there clicking... like a dead battery. i jumped it and it ran fine to the bank... about 2 miles. came out of the bank and it just clicked... i hooked up the jumper cables to a honda crv and it wouldn't even turn over. so we tried pushing it to the wet pavement to push start it but couldnt get enough grip to push it. i''m thinkin it is just the battery is weak and/or dead... could be starter but it is just over six months old (about) so i don't know... i thinkk i'm gonna take my jeep down and try to jump it again to get it home. i'll let you guys know if i get it go ing again tonight other wise i'm out. i dont wanna get stranded 3.5 hours away from home with a massive storm on the way, ya know?
You can use jumper cable to try and jump certain points to see if your cables are bad or loose connections. run one side of the jumper cable to the negative post to the motor (a braket or anywhere on the block/intake....)
if it starts thsi will be a bad ground cable. Then you can jump the solenoid to cghekc if the solenoid is the issue...(jump the positive post to the solenoid to starter wire)Also jump the main starter positive cable

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Well, I'm all loaded up. :yahoo: I got my wipers together, and had to booty fab up some strikers for the doors to catch, since I'm only running the bikini top. Usually, with the full top, there is a bar that goes along the door edge, but without the full top, I can't run those bars... anyways, I got doors now. :icon_twisted:

I did also find out I can 3 wheel the LJ doing brodies in the snow. :D

So like I told Ben earlier, we will be heading out a little before 8am tommorow, maybe more like 730, but should be at the safeway by 9:30.

As far as your cousin, ben, he should be fine with the Ram, the trails are pretty wide.

Alright, see you guys in the morning. :icon_thumby:

Edit: and I'm all good with trying to leave before it gets dark

Last edited:

tys87ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The roads from gig harbor are in great shape went there today to get 2 teeth taken out. dont forget to bring cold weather stuff an d I will see you all at safeway....Tyler:icon_thumby:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My cousin may or may not be going. I'm thinking he won't be.

I grabbed my snowmobile pants/ coat, a few glove, a few leather gloves, boots and bunch of other warms stuff, haha.

For tools and stuff, I grabbed my highlift and a scissor jack (never know if you'd need one, haha) a fullsize shovel (we didn't have any small ones) a tree strap, 30ft 30k lb recovery strap, a small loop of chain, hatchet and a bunch of wreches, screwdrivers, pliers etc. Oh, and a vavle core tool and pressure gauge, and a set of tire chains I got today.

So, I think I'm prepared. If you guys have anymore ideas, let me know and I'll see if we have it.

Are any of your guys going to air down? I'm thinking I'm going to go to 15psi or so, then air back up at Safeway (I never got my OBA setup done).

EDIT: Derrick, I guess I could just ask you tomorrow, but did you grab the coil springs when you snagged the D35 from my Explorer?
I'm just curius becuase I didn't see them out there earlier, and had an idea. Put the passengers side coild from the Explorer under the Drivers side of my Ranger to get ride of the compressed driver's side coil (my truck leans pretty bad). On the driver's sioe, you can see the tire sitting in at the top and out at the bottom when the truck isparked.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals