• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

When will Jimmie Johnson stop winning?

847b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Jimmie and Chad are stealing the thunder from Greg Biffle and the rest of the Roush Fenway drivers. Some one please make it stop!

stockfornow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
jimmie will never stop winning:headbang:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i hate jimmy. alot. and toyota and their crappy cars. i figured it out, that if hamlin would have just finished the 3 races in the chase where he got a dnf for blown motors etc he would have been within 17pts of jimmie, and thats if he just finished!

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Jimmy Johnson FTW! He's my boss' favorite, so I pull for him every weekend.

847b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
As of lately, I don't believe Jimmie is any better driver than anyone else. The difference, as it seems to me, is that #48 team improves the car with each successive pit-stop through out the race. As the car improves so does Jimmie's track position. Then on the final stop of the race, the #48 usually does the opposite of what everyone else does (i.e. the field takes four tires, Jimmie takes two tires) and somehow the gamble seems to payoff. Not to mention the #48 has been blessed with a ridiculous amount of luck.

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't pay alot of attention to nascar i'm more of a NFL and NBA , and some MLB but whenever i'm watching espn it makes me happy to see Tony Stewart get a win and now that Jeff Gordon seems to be past his prime i'm fine.

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
As of lately, I don't believe Jimmie is any better driver than anyone else. The difference, as it seems to me, is that #48 team improves the car with each successive pit-stop through out the race. As the car improves so does Jimmie's track position. Then on the final stop of the race, the #48 usually does the opposite of what everyone else does (i.e. the field takes four tires, Jimmie takes two tires) and somehow the gamble seems to payoff. Not to mention the #48 has been blessed with a ridiculous amount of luck.
It amazes me how, considering your philosophy, that the car drives itself around the track. If you have never driven a car on a track, I mean REALLY driven a car on the track, then you really don't understand what the drivers experience.

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
It amazes me how, considering your philosophy, that the car drives itself around the track. If you have never driven a car on a track, I mean REALLY driven a car on the track, then you really don't understand what the drivers experience.
He wasn't saying that the car "drives itself. At least not from what I read. What I understand him saying is that the team makes the car what Jimmie "needs" to be able to do HIS job. you can be the best driver in the world but if you got a junk car what good does it do you? The 48 team is doing something right and everyone else is jealous of them for it.

Now to be honest I pull for Joey Logano and Tony Stewart. Not really sure why besides the fact that I spend WAAAAYYYYY to much money at "The Depot" :icon_twisted: and as for Tony I just like that fact that he owns the car he drives!

You know what they say about opinions . . . . .. . . . :icon_surprised:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, but jimmy has an insane amount of luck, dont get me wrong it is all about the driver, they all have the same amt of horse power. and jimmies pit crew is undoubtedly the reason he doesn't loose position easily they are one of the most insync crews i have ever seen. but luck is on his side, that or he is on the roids.

847b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, Jimmie does seem to have a lot of luck too. Missing accidents, not getting flat tires and the like.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The point of stock car racing is that they're supposed to be on a level playing field. Obviously the 48 team has figured out something that no one else has. They are way to consistent. This is reminiscent of the King in the 70's when no one could stop him. Once everyone figures out what Chad Knauss has figured out, it'll even out.

As for now, jimmie winning all the time makes it boring and I don't care to watch the same guy win every week. Unless its Kyle Busch. Now if He only drove a Ford.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
yeah but still luck is on his side, my favorite driver is denny hamlin and if you saw the race at martinsville monday, and the way he won that race, that my friends is a hell of a driver. just luck isnt one of his attributes. and. his pit crew was awesome.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
The point of stock car racing is that they're supposed to be on a level playing field. Obviously the 48 team has figured out something that no one else has. They are way to consistent. This is reminiscent of the King in the 70's when no one could stop him. Once everyone figures out what Chad Knauss has figured out, it'll even out.
Knaus has been suspended once and fined a few times for cheat... er, I mean "liberal interpretation of the rules". Once they figure out what he's doing, their run will be over. We might not hear about it, but somewhere along the line they won't win so much.

For example:

In the mid to late 80's when Dale Earnhardt was winning a lot, part of that was due to the fact that little by little they narrowed and lowered the back corners of his roof, an area the templates didn't check, and that dumped more air to the rear spoiler. At some point NASCAR got wise and came up with the X-template, Richard Childress and Dale got a slap on the wrist, and suddenly wasn't as dominant as he had been.

In the late 60's Richard Petty was crushing the field and won 27 races in 1967 when they often raced twice a week. They weren't exactly cheating but they were the first team to figure out that moving as much weight as possible to the left side of the car helped the handling a lot. At that time there was only a minimum weight for the whole car and the rules didn't say where the weight had to be.

Smokey Yunick is legendary when it came to "liberal rules interpretation". Smokey's logic was that if the rulebook didn't mention something then there was no reason why he couldn't do it. Therefore, he built a race car with a 1" diameter fuel line snaked around the frame as much as possible that held an extra 3 gallons of gas. NASCAR didn't like it but it there was no rule on maximum fuel line size...until the next week's race. Of course the greatest Smokey Yunick story was the time NASCAR had pulled the gas tank out of his car and was giving him a hard time about it, he got mad and hopped in the car and drove away...with no gas tank.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals